Champions League Season 2007/2008

Herr Matzat

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said the same about Bobby Robson, it just doesn't happen.

Well i suppose Robson is being giving a role at Ipswich next year apparently, he's always been the man Magilton rings on advice for players apparently.

I can see Fergie taking an upstairs role maybe with the club when he decides his management days are over.

Fergie will be here until the day he dies aged 167.

I don't think that'll stop him. We'll have Darren Ferguson on the sidelines with a Ouija board, asking his dad to make substitutions from beyond the grave.

I'm worried about the post-Fergie United. I'm not convinced Queiroz is the man to take over, but that's the way it looks like going. Mark Hughes would be interesting, but you never know how well a manager is going to make the step up to a massive club like United.

Edited by Lord Nibbler

Do you think Darren will be manager of Man Utd one day? Serious question....

Do you think he'd have to REALLY earn it before being considered? Or could he have a mediocre managers career and get the job because of his family name?

I mean i know if he stays at Peterborough all his life and never wins nothing then it wouldn't happen but say he does alright moves around a bit, does well without winning any trophies, would he get the job?

Do you think Darren will be manager of Man Utd one day? Serious question....

Do you think he'd have to REALLY earn it before being considered? Or could he have a mediocre managers career and get the job because of his family name?

I mean i know if he stays at Peterborough all his life and never wins nothing then it wouldn't happen but say he does alright moves around a bit, does well without winning any trophies, would he get the job?

I don't know much about him, but I don't think he'd get the job based solely on his surname. It's a big club and I think common sense would prevail.

You never know, though. He's got a few years ahead of him and if he had a solid run with a Premiership club then you never know. Can't hurt to be the son of Sir Alex.

I might be wrong, but the only way I see SAF retiring is if United either overtake Liverpool as far as League wins go, or if we win the treble again.

Even then, it's not a dead cert that he would retire. He's one of those that you can't imagine not being around.

I can see Ferguson doing a bit of a Shankly, and retiring but still turning up at training sessions to make things difficult for the manager who replaces him. Because he's a cunt like that.

I'll likely go to the pub with a few mates to watch the final, like we've been doing since the Liverpool/Arsenal quarters. I'll be cheering on Chelsea more than I normally would be through my intense hatred of United, just because Avram Grant clearly isn't as incompetent as everybody seems to think and I think the poor bloke needs a bit of praise. But yeah, the point of mentioning the pub thing is because most of my mates are dirty Man United fans and Chelsea need to win so I can rub it in their faces.

As for the game, gutted we're out and annoyed that we didn't get the Hyypia penalty, but I'm not the kind of person to moan about wrong decisions in a game because if we had more about us we could've won regardless. Babel's goal was awesome, though and just confirms my love for him.

I'll be cheering United. No way do I want that money grabbing little bastard of a left back winning the Champions League.

Money grabbing? We could speak about their whole team then.

I want Grant to win it. After all of the abuse and slating he has received.

I'm pretty sure he would. Abramovich is a harsh bastard, but I'll tell you one thing: he's no Shinawatra. :shifty:

He did sack Ranieri for finishing second in the league (behind the unbeaten Arsenal - Chelsea would have won it any other season) and getting Chelsea to their first Champions League semi-finals in God knows how many years.

Yeah, but Ranieri was the guy Abramovich 'inherited', so there's at least a tiny justification on that front. Not like he hand-picked him, set out goals for him to achieve, and then sacked him after he achieved them. >_>

• 3 weeks later...