Official UEFA Cup 07/08 Thread

Lineker

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getafe are gonna win this thing, been thinking it for a while now - really like Getafe, there kinda like my Deportivo since Deportivo went poo. But yeah, I can possibly see Getafe taking this. But, any of the teams left could, as long as it isn't Fiorentina.

Getafe are gonna win this thing, been thinking it for a while now - really like Getafe, there kinda like my Deportivo since Deportivo went poo. But yeah, I can possibly see Getafe taking this. But, any of the teams left could, as long as it isn't Fiorentina.

*ahem* I think what Ace meant to say was 'let's all back the British teams that are remaining'. (¬_¬)

*ahem* I think what Ace meant to say was 'let's all back the British teams that are remaining'. (¬_¬)

luckyle i might at -.-;

Oh no I mean I love Rangers, I've always preferred Rangers over Celtic when asked (although I've said Hearts instead of them two since I was about 8). Now I prefer Aberdeen and of course Gretna, and I'd love to see Rangers win it.

But at the same time Getafe have come along way in a short time and I think a lot of people seem to think they've managed to fluke their way into this far. How anyone can think a team has fluked their way to a quarter final - and now possibly a semi final - needs a reality check.

At the same time I'd probably just be as happy if Zenit St. Petersburg won. I like Russia, I'd love to go there sometime and it would be a great achievement for them.

Fiorentina - I just don't want to win.

When I'll watch my Britishness (lets face it, I live in Carlisle - I'm almost Scottish anyways) will sway me towards Rangers. But I certainly wouldn't mind if Getafe or St. Petersburg won.

What the FUCK? I logged off fully expecting Getafe to win and thought it was only a few minutes from time anyway, presumed they were cruising. Then I come on here and see "Fuck Bayern Munich" and I'm like "what?". Check the score and my jaw hit the deck. Unbelievable. Well, I really hope Bayern don't win this now.

That was a funny moment in the post match interview. ITV4 are interviewing Darcheville and Ferguson and the interviewer says to Darcheville:

"How important a role did the supporters play today?"

Darcheville, obviously with Englsih not as his first language, didn't quite understand so leans over and asks him to repeat it. So the interviewer asks again:

"The fans, the supporters - how important was their role in tonight's win?"

Darcheville again looks a bit confused and turns to Barry Ferguson who sums it up with:

"Were the fans good?"

And why the interviewer couldn't have just said that in the first place is a mystery. The guy doesn't speak English that well, why confuse him with words he might not know? He did speak slower, but when you're using big words why not just simplify it? Heck, you'd probably need to simplify it a bit for Barry Ferguson anyway. >_>