Official UEFA Cup 07/08 Thread

Lineker

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leverkusen 1 - 4 Zenith St. Petersburg -- Zenith showed why they won the Russian league, they were f'n amazing.

Glasgow Rangers 0 - 0 Sporting Lissabon -- Shitty result for Rangers. I don't see them going through now although I want them to.

Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Getafe -- Amazing result for Getafe. If they manage to knock out Bayern I'll mark out like a little schoolgirl.

Fiorentina 1 - 1 PSV -- Decent result for PSV. If they actually attacked a bit more they could've gotten an even better result because Fiorentina looked cack.

Good first half by Rangers against Sporting.

Hope we can finally hammer one in, just to have some security. The prospect of extra time and/or penalties is not nice to me. We need to not concede, and find a goal, the later the better.

I've said it before, but I really hope we can sign Steven Davis full-time at the end of the season, he's come in and assumed a vital role for us with relative ease. It's like he's been here forever. So here's to Fulham's relegation. (Y) :w00t:

Sporting are just far too weak. They can't jump for balls, they don't come out of 50/50s with the ball, and they can't anticipate blocks. And they can't finish apparently either.

I'm satisfied, but we need to stop getting retarded bookings. McCulloch got one for an idiotic tackle on the goalkeeper, who had already seen it out, and Ferguson got on for kicking the ball away despite the offside being obvious, and correct. Both miss the semi-final first leg. Morons.

I was just gonna say, besides the fact Rangers are about to go through, Bayern Munich are about to go out!

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW WHILE THE ODDS ARE STILL GOOD, RANGERS TO WIN THE UEFA CUP! :w00t:

And I think more people need to realise Getafe didn't just fluke their way into the competition. They're Spanish, and they qualified. That in itself should send a warning to anyone.

Edited by The Kraig