• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Aberdeen -v- Bayern Munich

Bolton -v- Atletico Madrid

facepalm.jpg

Spurs, Everton, & Rangers still to come out the hat.

EDIT1: SK Brann -v- Everton. Get your coats.

EDIT2: Rangers -v- Panathinaikos

EDIT3: Slavia Prague -v- Spurs. We played them last season, they were EAAASSY. But then again we weren't shit last year.

Edited by Y2Kubica

Didn't Arsenal already bitchslap the fuck out of them? I doubt they'll want their rivals as well.

Also, Rangers got a pretty good draw. Aberdeen however, are fucked.

Watch out Matzat, Rangers are coming for Bremen. (H)

Edited by The Kraig

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The final 16 were drawn as follows:

Anderlecht vs Bayern München

Rangers vs Werder Bremen

Bolton vs Sporting

Bayer Leverkusen vs Hamburg

Getafe vs Benfica

Fiorentina vs Everton

Tottenham vs PSV

Marseille vs Zenit St. Petersburg

So yeah, bring it on Bremen, just as I predicted by the way. *wiggles eyebrows*

Edited by Boss Hog

Our game and the Anderlecht game are definitely right up there in terms of UEFA big game.

I can see Everton getting through barring their strange habit of crashing out when they shouldn't. Spurs hopefully can take PSV and I'd expect us to. Rangers and Bolton could well be struggling though.

I'll call the final eight as:

Bayern, Werder, Sporting, Leverkusen, Benfica, Everton, Spurs and Marseille. Very German.

Some big games in there. Rangers - Bremen should be in the Champions League last 16 not the UEFA cup but never mind.

Toughie for Spurs though, PSV are generally a very good European team. I'm very surprised to see Bolton still in there. After beating Athletico you have to give them a bit of credit and maybe they could pull off another upset against an equally big team in Sporting.

Good to see so many British teams still in the top European competetions. Spurs/PSV should be a couple of cracking games, I think if Spurs get through this one they'll definitely be one of the favourites to win the competetion. Everton will go through I think aslong as they avoid a heavy defeat in the first leg. I think it's a step too far for Bolton, Sporting have got some quality players. Can't see Rangers getting past Bremen either.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone want to come to Ibrox with me to see Rangers vs Werder? I can get seats behind the goal at the Copland side, but I need to be quick and my bastard friends are either Celtic fans, don't like football or are busy working. I'm looking at you Matzat, we'll be like Romeo and Juliet, except gayer. With scarves.

So yeah, come with me, we have good time, about £30 a ticket. So let me know, I can't be arsed going myself.

Rangers vs Bremen is on BBC1 Scotland, and rightly so. Oh yeah, I never found anyone to go with, so suck it Bremen.

Almost a goal in the first minute for Gers.

Everton/Fiorentina is on ITV4.

Edited by Boss Hog