Official UEFA Cup 07/08 Thread

Lineker

Dinamo Zagreb 0 - Ajax 1 _ Ajax played pretty crappy but still managed to score a goal. A victory away from home is great ofcourse, but knowing Ajax from the last 4 years they can easily fuck up.

Pacos Ferreira 0 - AZ Alkmaar 1 _ AZ should've won this easily but only scored in the 89' minute. Still good away win.

Getafe 1 - FC Twente 0 _ Sad day for Twente, they held Getafe to a 0-0 draw for a long time. One of Twente's players got a red card when two balls were on the field....yyeeeeaaah...

FC Groningen 1 - Fiorentina 1 _ Good result by Groningen. Shame they couldn't hold on to the 1-0 but to be honest Fiorentina should win this match.

SC Heerenveen 5 - Helsingsborg 3 _ Wtf. Heerenveen were 3-0 up after the first half. Goals were flying into the goal like nothing. 3-0 would've been great, I dunno if I like 5-3.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he's cheap? I wish five would leave the live football matches to the pros (Sky, BBC, ITV, Eurosport). Although I must say they did have the African Nations on the last two times which were good.

Five are poor (and thier Italian coverage is atrocious), but listing ITV with the other 3 is surely wrong....they are down there with Channel 5 in how bad their football coverage is in my eyes.

And Blackburn were atrocious, and lucky not to lose by more goals. Good to see Bakayoko though, I used to really like him back in the day.

Maybe he's cheap? I wish five would leave the live football matches to the pros (Sky, BBC, ITV, Eurosport). Although I must say they did have the African Nations on the last two times which were good.

Five are poor (and thier Italian coverage is atrocious), but listing ITV with the other 3 is surely wrong....they are down there with Channel 5 in how bad their football coverage is in my eyes.

And Blackburn were atrocious, and lucky not to lose by more goals. Good to see Bakayoko though, I used to really like him back in the day.

The reason rovers fans never liked Ferguson was because he never even tried when he played for us, and then he packed his bags because he got homesick, which we all see as a bullshit excuse. As for us not moaning about Tugay and Moore, we never signed the latter we signed Zurab, and Tugay is a legend at Rovers, for the way he plays, through to how he is with the fans after matches etc. Ferguson just acted like a spoilt brat whilst he was here. And yeah, we played absolutely awful yesterday and should have lost by more.

CMB is right, Ferguson acted like the big time charlie whist he was at Ewood whist never putting in the effort or skills to match his ego.

Tugay has been awesome, Amoruso was a total joke. Don't worry, it's anti-Ferguson thing not anti-Rangers. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ringmaster

Good to see Boateng start, hopefully Jenas passes away soon and he can take over. Granted I've seen him play 3 times in my life, but playing with 10 men > playing with Jenas.

If the game was half an hour longer you'd be going out ¬.¬

Seriously though, it must be pretty gutting to see a good strength Spurs side losing this game. At the start of the season I was behind Jol and thought that it was just a blip and he'd soon turn it around, but it hasn't gone that way really. Does he still have the backing of Spurs fans?

There you go.

Edited by ravenjuice