Official UEFA Cup 07/08 Thread

Lineker

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naldo's on the verge of being sent off. Just kneed Barry Ferguson in the back for no apparent reason, ref's being a bit lenient, which I actually like. Naldo already had a yellow for a pretty poor attempt at a tackle earlier, anymore of that and he should be off.

Unbelievably good tackle by Naldo to stop a third Rangers goal. That was amazing. I was already celebrating it.

Rangers 2-0 Werder Bremen, and made it look easy.

Edited by Boss Hog

Good god Robinson isn't half shit <_<

Definitely not the team from the Carling Cup Final, but there's always a chance to take it in Eindhoven. Second leg is lookging to be a good game.

Got to say though, the referee hasn't been negative towards Tottenham. A lot of decisions he could have given. Should have, in some cases.

Robinson was good tonight as were Woodgate and King.

O'Hara was good when he came on and Lennon made some decent runs forward.

Keane hustled and bustled around as usual and did well when the ball came to him as did Berbatov but clearly got frustrated. Malbranque played okay in parts ans started well.

Jenas was okay until he got injured.

However, Chimbonda was generally poop (my heart sinks when Lennon plays the ball back to him after a run down the wing), Zokora was a non-entity as usual and Gilberto was horrible. Huddlestone did NOTHING when he came on and Tarabaat was entertaining and showed very good promise in the dribble and with the ball at his feet but his final touch needs improvement.

Hohum, we could go there and win but the "right" Tottenham need to turn up and play. The keeper is supposed to be good but he looks quite eccentric and could easily make a blunder if pressurised.

I think people are forgetting that PSV has done rather well in the Champions League the last couple of seasons (Semi Final, last year beating Arsenal in second round) so this result didn't really surprise me much, I expected a 0-0 or something. I thought O'Hara was incredibly cack. Every free kick he took was so bad I could actually hear fans laughing. Overall PSV deserved to win and should've scored at least one more goal from the chances they got. Ofcourse PSV can collapse at home if Tottenham manage to score quickly, but I'm thinking a 2-1 for PSV.

I think people are forgetting that PSV has done rather well in the Champions League the last couple of seasons (Semi Final, last year beating Arsenal in second round) so this result didn't really surprise me much, I expected a 0-0 or something. I thought O'Hara was incredibly cack. Every free kick he took was so bad I could actually hear fans laughing. Overall PSV deserved to win and should've scored at least one more goal from the chances they got. Ofcourse PSV can collapse at home if Tottenham manage to score quickly, but I'm thinking a 2-1 for PSV.

No one's forgetting anything. It's not like everyone's shocked that PSV got a good result against us. We know they're a good side but so are Spurs, apparently we were the second favourites to win the cup before that game. And PSV certainly didn't deserve to win, a draw would have been a fair result.

Bolton did quite well considering the UEFA Cup isn't their priority. Sporting Lisbon have some real quality players with the likes of Veloso and Moutinho.

I'm disapointed that Everton lost 2-0. I would of still fancied them to have gone through if they would have lost by a one goal margin but being two goals down is going to be difficult to come back from even with the second leg at Goodison.

Berbatov's strike was magnificent but the game has held no enjoyment for me all of tonight. It just seemed like pressure building up all match up until the Berbatov volley and now it's stressful again.

Also, we've deserved the yellow cards but seriously I can't understand how they haven't got at least a couple more yellow cards, especially for the disgusting late stomp down on Chimbonda's ankle at the start of extra time.