Official UEFA Cup 07/08 Thread

Lineker

I have a bad feeling about this already, and it's only been ten minutes. Especially after the atrocity that was the game against St. Johnstone.

Ah well, a solid 0-0, been the trend so far.

And whoever's editing my posts can suck my balls.

Edited by The Kraig

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zenit are brilliant, I've wanted them to win since the first knockout round I think. I've been saying they'll win for ages but mostly as a joke, turns out they can be phenomenal at times though. They shouldn't have any trouble dispatching Rangers or Fiorentina on this form but there's no telling with these competitions.

Edited by Pesci

Nearing 80 minutes, still Fiorentina 0-0 Rangers.

Typical cheating Italians vs. typical defending Rangers, and so far, pretty uneventful. We keep playing useless long balls instead of just running at them. If we're going to score it's going to be from a powerful run at goal, not all this 'hoof it and hope' or 'patchwork passing'. The Fiorentina players aren't very good at tackling so far, they're just relying on Rangers cocking up their passes...which is regular.

A SHOT ON GOAL. A SHOT. ON GOAL. GREATEST SEMI-FINAL EVER.

0-0 at full time. Extra time. This better not go to penalties or I'll have to go outside.

Just wondering, but if it's 1-1 or 2-2 by the end of extra time, do Rangers go through on away goals? Or do they not count in extra time?

Edited by The Kraig

Well. Needless sending off. Referee's been pretty poor most of the game, stopping it for little things, then not stopping play for blatant fouls (for both teams).

And now Cousin gets a red card for being taller than someone...that's a bit harsh.

Daniel Cousin you are a stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid PRICK!

one hell of a wirred final, Glascow who played crap and somehow got thrugh (if i only thing back to how they played in Bremen, their goaly was barly able to have a kick off not go out over the side lines....) and St. Petersburg who aperently play great but no one ever realy noticed.

Asides he fact that bremen lost i like it :-p But Sorry Kraig, in the final i will be against the non soccer team :-p

one hell of a wirred final, Glascow who played crap and somehow got thrugh (if i only thing back to how they played in Bremen, their goaly was barly able to have a kick off not go out over the side lines....) and St. Petersburg who aperently play great but no one ever realy noticed.

Asides he fact that bremen lost i like it :-p But Sorry Kraig, in the final i will be against the non soccer team :-p

We don't play soccer in Scotland. We play football, bitch. (H)

Pretty even game tonight, even first half, followed by a second half of Fiorentina dominating possession and being shit. Extra time was up and down but everyone seemed tired, the referee generally had a poor game and overall the game was shit.

But Rangers win on penalties fairly, and I look forward to seeing Dick Advocaat vs Walter Smith, two of the best Rangers managers in history. Nice link between the clubs there.

Ironically, Gattuso is hailed by both Rangers and Fiorentina fans and that was the link between the clubs in the semi-final.

Bring on the quadruple. :D

I thought that coming up to the semi-finals, Zenit to win the whole thing at 6/1 was a cracking price.

If they win, I'd be gutted I didn't follow my instincts by putting some money on it.

I saw it coming, as did a few others it seems. Thier performance in Leverkusen was genius, as was yesterday against Munich, and I was gutted that I didn't put any money on them earlier, even when I was tipping them up to people in the betting shop I work in....and to a few colleagues.

The cruel thing about it is the suspension of Pogrebnyak, for a really poor yellow card.

I'll be interested to see how the final pans out....Rangers have done well off of defending and nicking the odd goal, whilst Zenit have done pretty much the same but with more attacking flair. With both sides building thier game on thier counter-attacking ability, I'm not sure how to call it. I'll pick Zenit, as I've stated I thought they'd win it before, and going forward they have a tonne of quality.

Edited by rvdwannabe