TNA iMPACT! Pictures!

EndOfAnEra

From what I've seem from the game so far, it just looks like it needs a little bit more polish. The graphics look very good, and so do some of the animations, but other things looks imcomplete. And that's to be expected, of course. I'm just saying that it looks like they've got a decent base for the game, and with some touching up, it could be a good alternative.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if they produce a good game, it'll definately make WWE take notice. I mean, they've been thinking that they've got the best wrestling game out there with Smackdown (which it was at the time), but then there was no or little competition for a while, just like in real wrestling, when they bought out WCW and ECW. And it kind of shows. I mean we've said that WWE became lazy when they had nothing to compete with, and the last few SD's are the same, basically the same game each year and CAW not changing each year.

Er....no. WWE barely sit up and take notice of Smackdown, nevermind the "competition" as far as wrestling games go. It's just a piece of merchandising. You talk as if the WWE actually make the game.

The game sounds disappointing to me, especially having to be a CAW to do the season mode or whatever. Especially if the good movesets/good attires have to be unlocked or something, and you can only have a shitty CAW. I hope, since he was in the company a few months ago, they have Austin Starr's attire, moveset, taunts, etc.

I'll rent it when it comes out, and check it out. Hell, it might surprise me. Is the X-Box, PS3 and WII versions going to be different like the Smackdown game that's coming out? Where with the X-Box, IIRC, you can add music, while PS3 and Wii is something totally different?

The game sounds disappointing to me, especially having to be a CAW to do the season mode or whatever. Especially if the good movesets/good attires have to be unlocked or something, and you can only have a shitty CAW. I hope, since he was in the company a few months ago, they have Austin Starr's attire, moveset, taunts, etc.

I'll rent it when it comes out, and check it out. Hell, it might surprise me. Is the X-Box, PS3 and WII versions going to be different like the Smackdown game that's coming out? Where with the X-Box, IIRC, you can add music, while PS3 and Wii is something totally different?

Er....no. WWE barely sit up and take notice of Smackdown, nevermind the "competition" as far as wrestling games go. It's just a piece of merchandising. You talk as if the WWE actually make the game.

It could do, I mean win casual fans over at least. I mean if a casual fan took SvR and then Impact and they liked Impact more, chances are they'd want to watch TNA more due to knowing the characters in their game better etc. I mean, back in late 98, I got into wrestling just simply by playing Warzone over my cousins. We didn't watch wrestling then, but after playing the game and liking it, we became fans. Same with some of my other friends.

Also, from the showcase video, I think I prefer the TNA Impact menu screens over SvR too so far, because TNA's are simple yet good, while SvR's has just kinda gone OTT.

Edited by TheModernWay

The videos don't show much of anything, it is way too early to tell on this game. With that said, the gameplay does look No Mercy-ish, so that's promising. As for CAW-only career mode, it could work if it's not the same path every single time or if the story is really damn good. Fire Pro G was CAW-only as was Def Jam Fight for NY, so we'll just have to wait and see what plans they have there though.

No blood is inexcusable. Entrances aren't a huge deal since TNA's music and entrances are all so ridiculously generic anyway - nobody does anything cool like Mr. Kennedy in their entrance, there's no amazing pyro like Randy Orton's old waterfall, and no one has must-hear music like Triple H.

The videos don't show much of anything, it is way too early to tell on this game. With that said, the gameplay does look No Mercy-ish, so that's promising. As for CAW-only career mode, it could work if it's not the same path every single time or if the story is really damn good. Fire Pro G was CAW-only as was Def Jam Fight for NY, so we'll just have to wait and see what plans they have there though.

No blood is inexcusable. Entrances aren't a huge deal since TNA's music and entrances are all so ridiculously generic anyway - nobody does anything cool like Mr. Kennedy in their entrance, there's no amazing pyro like Randy Orton's old waterfall, and no one has must-hear music like Triple H.

Was checking out the video on Youtube

Link

I'm sure it's been posted on here but is it just me or does the six sided ring look HUGE compared to what we see on tv and the spacing between the outside of the ring and the crowd is expanded majorly as well. WOW @ Sting doing the moonsault DDT and leaping up onto the top rope ala RVD and landing a missile dropkick. It'll be interesting to see when they get guys having their actual move sets. I'm also waiting to see if they'll have it so you can do criss cross moves ala The Pounce.

I wish they'd kept the wrestlers doing their own moves, because Sting doesn't do the high flying stuff they had him do in that video. And yeah, the ring and crowd area was way oversized, I thought the people who are making the game went to the actual impact zone to check it out. And really, couldn't they have added a referee?

Also, if you notice when wrestlers dive out of the ring over the top rope, they manage to hit their opponents, no matter how far they are.

I wish they'd kept the wrestlers doing their own moves, because Sting doesn't do the high flying stuff they had him do in that video. And yeah, the ring and crowd area was way oversized, I thought the people who are making the game went to the actual impact zone to check it out. And really, couldn't they have added a referee?

Also, if you notice when wrestlers dive out of the ring over the top rope, they manage to hit their opponents, no matter how far they are.

If you listen to what they say in the video, everybody currently has the same move set in that build of the game, probably the moves they currently have working perfectly. It wasn't a portrayal of how Sting or Angle would actually play in the final version, just to show some actual gameplay.

They've added more images to the game's page on TNAwrestling.com (now a total of 8, inc the Jarret/Sting/Angle/Cage ones that were already on there).

New ones include the Cage entrance one I posted earlier in the thread, and similar images for Styles, Rhino & Joe. I've also seen a similar Angle one somewhere... but it's not on there so who knows where I saw it... Gamespot or IGN maybe? :unsure:

caws.ws, they have something like 44 images including one of joe in an army base or something

Ah yes, although they're just stills really. It is Gamespot that has the Angle image, and they also have a Jarrett one too.

Looking at the ones on caws.ws, it seems that Vampiro type CAW uy as talked about earlier, is, well, a CAW. That they've called 'Suicide'. And they had him with Eric Young against LAX. I get it, Homidice & Suicide. :shifty: . Or is it a (well-placed <_ dig at benoit double->