TNA iMPACT! Pictures!

EndOfAnEra

Guest Basquiat

I think the entrances may only be the short clip from right when they come out. That's what all the videos have shown so far, just posing at the top of the ramp and walking down it. No in-ring taunting.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the longer footage, not sure if Id like the game too much. The moves just didnt sit right with me. Hopefully they have different variations of certain moves, like the piledriver if only because the jumping like two feet in the air before it I wouldnt really like too much if its the only one.

It does remind me a bit of Attitude, and honestly I didnt really like that game all that much.

Hopefully the story mode and the CAW is really good though. And I hope entrances are longer than the 10 second on the stage things. I like full entrances.

Edited by Vitamin E

Your going to be disappointed then, entrances don't show them going into the ring and what not, also the season mode is a caw one, meaning you cant be Christian, Samoa Joe etc. There isn't blood, no refs, you can't go up the ramp, no in fan fighting, full commentary by the two idiots, facial animations do chance on the wrestlers and there are currently 25 wrestlers in the game, so don't know where anyone got the idea that there was only 20. Also you cant edit the wrestlers, but can clone them then edit them in caw. there isnt create an entrance but will be able to have your own music as entrance songs. Downloadable content may also be in

thats all from Midway, at the presentation thing.

The controls are neat too, very fighter game like, with the kick and punch buttons seperated, running being one of the back buttons etc

Fan fighting I dont care about. But no blood, season mode caw only, and no full entrances sucks if that is going to be the final build of the game. They had like 2 years or something to work on the game right? I dont think there should be many, if any, mistakes or details missing or lack of anything for the game. If the final build of the game is as you described it, it's going to be a big letdown for myself because they have a chance to make a really good wrestling game with a good engine right from the start so that they dont have to really change much on future releases.

Edited by Vitamin E

Your going to be disappointed then, entrances don't show them going into the ring and what not, also the season mode is a caw one, meaning you cant be Christian, Samoa Joe etc. There isn't blood, no refs, you can't go up the ramp, no in fan fighting, full commentary by the two idiots, facial animations do chance on the wrestlers and there are currently 25 wrestlers in the game, so don't know where anyone got the idea that there was only 20. Also you cant edit the wrestlers, but can clone them then edit them in caw. there isnt create an entrance but will be able to have your own music as entrance songs. Downloadable content may also be in

thats all from Midway, at the presentation thing.

The controls are neat too, very fighter game like, with the kick and punch buttons seperated, running being one of the back buttons etc

Uhh... no walking up the rampway. Just as a sidenote, you could walk up the ramp in, say for example, Legends of Wrestling: Showdown. Not that this exactly ruins my day.

There was blood in Legends of Wrestling: Showdown, occasionally a lot of it, and it was something that in my eyes saved the game from being an absolute pancake. Indeed it's just a visual feature, but IMO adds something to a cage match for example.

There were full entrances indeed in Showdown.

Yeah there were referees in there too.

Both games have commentary, that's good. No wait, Heenan/Zbyszko/whoever vs. Tenay/West, I think we don't even need to argue about this.

You could play as anyone in Showdown's story mode.

So thus far iMPACT has a smaller roster than Showdown, you can only play as a CAW in the story mode (seriously, there aren't any voice overs, right? They've created this for a year at least? Why can't you play at least as Christian, Jarrett etc.?)

Final note, Showdown was pretty horrendous, and thus far iMPACT's features aren't even matching up to it. I want this game to succeed so badly, I mean, at last a wrestling game that isn't WWE-based and has a possibility of actually being good. And now the odds are starting to turn against that option already. However, I won't judge it just yet, but I am worried.

Edited by Verder

Thats the thing when developers create a new game for a smaller market, the first few games aren't spectacular but sometimes bring something new to the table that they can expand upon for future releases. The game sounds good enough fto get a buy from me, it'll be an intresting change for once and might still be better than what we expected.

Then again it's only at the gameplay stage, they might discover something else that they can fit into the game pretty easily between now and it's release, and (providing TNA dont become bankrupt within 4 years) it looks to have a promising few games ahead of it

Remember the first game defines the engine, the second game expands upon the engine and features and so on.

Thats the thing when developers create a new game for a smaller market, the first few games aren't spectacular but sometimes bring something new to the table that they can expand upon for future releases. The game sounds good enough fto get a buy from me, it'll be an intresting change for once and might still be better than what we expected.

Then again it's only at the gameplay stage, they might discover something else that they can fit into the game pretty easily between now and it's release, and (providing TNA dont become bankrupt within 4 years) it looks to have a promising few games ahead of it

Remember the first game defines the engine, the second game expands upon the engine and features and so on.

Again, that's fair enough. But to be honest, after waiting 2 years for it, the LEAST you expect is to see the wrestler's proper entrance.

People are focusing WAY too much on the two years thing. They are creating a game from scratch using an engine that to my knowledge hasn't been used in a fighter/wrestling game. I mean, like I said, I'm not too impressed with the gameplay clips but expecting more because it has been 2 years isn't really logical. Maybe they could've fit in full entrances but it would have been at the cost of another feature. Unlike SD vs RAW, who just take their games engine and build around it for a year, Midway must start from scratch so, really, I'm not too fussed about non-full entrances, I dont know a single person who after 2-3 times on SD vs RAW who doesn't skip the entrances. And at least the loading times SHOULD be cut down by the shortening.

Edited by Boogey131

Its not just the entrances (which I rather like full ones because I like the full detail when creating superstars and such.) It's the poor season mode, the lack of blood (which yes, is just a visual aid but adds to the matches), and really anything else missing from the game. They do still have like... 4-6 or so months left to fix things up and add things or change things though, so hopefully they do change some things. Hopefully they have weapons available, have a full season mode for the REAL roster, have a slightly bigger roster than what is rumored, can add blood, have a real good CAW, a real nice selection of moves for CAWs, and probably a few smaller details by the time the game is released. Granted I dont know how long it takes for them to build the engine and everything before everything else, but I honestly would have preferred if they didnt realease the game until Oct/Nov of 2008 if it means them getting more time to add stuff in and such.

If they did wait to Nov 2008, it'd probably mean reducing the potential market for the game, as by then the PS2 (and Wii :shifty: ) will probably be all but dead and buried by then, so they may not want to bother releasing it on the PS2. So for those who only have a PS2 still by then, they won't be able to buy it.

If the season mode is CAW only, after initial disappointment, it'll prob be better. Because after the likes of Edge, Kennedy, Angle and HBK on SDvsRAW, theres no one else to play as (IMO anyway), where CAW allows you to make new people (without them being piss poor/looking shit like on SD) etc. Although, with not having a TNA game before, there are a lot more people I may want to play as in story mode, from the obvious Abyss, Joe, Styles and Daniels to Sabin, Shelley, Senshi and Sting. And the ones who were on the SD games like Angle, Cage and Rhino, play them again in a different way would be fun.

Edited by TheModernWay

If they did wait to Nov 2008, it'd probably mean reducing the potential market for the game, as by then the PS2 (and Wii :shifty: ) will probably be all but dead and buried by then, so they may not want to bother releasing it on the PS2. So for those who only have a PS2 still by then, they won't be able to buy it.

If the season mode is CAW only, after initial disappointment, it'll prob be better. Because after the likes of Edge, Kennedy, Angle and HBK on SDvsRAW, theres no one else to play as (IMO anyway), where CAW allows you to make new people (with them being piss poor/looking shit like on SD) etc. Although, with not having a TNA game before, there are a lot more people I may want to play as in story mode, from the obvious Abyss, Joe, Styles and Daniels to Sabin, Shelley, Senshi and Sting. And the ones who were on the SD games like Angle, Cage and Rhino, play them again in a different way would be fun.

About the caw season mode, I think this will make it better than Smackdowns, because you still have voice overs and everything, but everything you do will be able to change the course of your season, as the game makers are not limiting themselves by having to get every wrestler to say the same lines, which would take forever and a lot of disc space I'd imagine. Also check gamespot for a 7 min preview of the game play, but just remember the game is at 60% build, so sting doing a moonsault ddt probably won't be in the full game!!

About the caw season mode, I think this will make it better than Smackdowns, because you still have voice overs and everything, but everything you do will be able to change the course of your season, as the game makers are not limiting themselves by having to get every wrestler to say the same lines, which would take forever and a lot of disc space I'd imagine. Also check gamespot for a 7 min preview of the game play, but just remember the game is at 60% build, so sting doing a moonsault ddt probably won't be in the full game!!

Watching that 7 minute vid has made me feel better about the game already, especially considering it being at only 60% at the moment.

The second video I like better because it goes a little more in depth about stuff. Ill wait until a video is released more towards the games actual release date though, just to get an idea what the final build will be like.