SPOILER 24 Season 7 SPOILER

Fitzy

So I was looking on TheFutonCritic.com and noticed they had something up for 24. So I clicked on it and it says that Tony Almeida will return. Yeah, the guy who was pretty much left for dead makes a return two seasons later. Now I like Almeida but this just seems ridiculous. But then again, this is the show who write him as the guy who somehow comes back to work only a few hours after having a near fatal gun shot at close range to his neck and who also surprised the car explosion he was right next to that killed his wife Michelle, and now survives another attack on his life.

On one hand? Completely bizarre, story-wise.

On the other? Tony Almeida's death was the single lamest thing in 24, outshining even Kim vs. Cougar and Day Six in general. I can live with this. Clearly that thing Henderson injected him with was a chemical that made him LOOK dead but he was actually in a deep coma. Clearly.

Guest Ringmaster

I guess all the people who were all zOMG BUT TONY DIDN'T GET THE SILENT COUNTDOWN SO HE NO DEAD are right :o

Now Matzat needs to come in here and remind us of how Ramon will come back and rule awesome.

This sounds pretty lame, I mean, didn't Jack tell Henderson and his own brother that they were responsible for the deaths of Palmer, Michelle and Tony various times?

And how exactly are they going to explain it? He was in a coma for years? Witness protection, etc?

I don't know, I never cared much for Tony either way. But it did suck that he didn't get a silent clock when fucking Edgar got one.

Of course, I'm sure it will be revealed Tony was in on it the whole time.

Seriously, the show has become the biggest collection of "IT WAS ME AUSTIN, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!" moments in the history of television, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Does anyone ever even refer to Tony as being dead? Or is he coming back in a flashback? Or in zombie mode? Or are we going back in time a couple of seasons?

Or is this rumor just false.

It's not false.

If this were the season where instead of fighting terrorists, Jack had to fight off wave after wave of his undead former castmates, I'd watch.

If this were the season where instead of fighting terrorists, Jack had to fight off wave after wave of his undead former castmates, I'd watch.

As long as Ramon Salazar is one of them.

... what? Matzat hasn't shown up yet.

Guest Ringmaster

Aaaaand here's what the major storyline of 24 will deal with in season 7. I may or may not give up on this show based on what I've read. They're gonna need something to keep me intrigued based on that.

New '24': CTU's Gone, Bauer's on Trial, Tony's Back

When the seventh season of "24" returns on Jan. 13, 2008, CTU will be dismantled and Jack Bauer will be in trial in Washington DC, where the show will now be set instead of the subterranean Los Angeles headquarters of the former Counter Terrorist Unit where the first six seasons have been set, Fox announced Wednesday.

Even more shocking perhaps is the return of Tony Almeida, certainly thought dead at the hands of a terrorist conspirator Christopher Henderson in the CTU infirmary after his reappearance two seasons back.

"Tony's uncertain fate near the end of Day 5 left the door open for his return," executive producer Howard Gordon said in a press release. "And since there was no silent clock at the conclusion of his last appearance -- the '24' tribute to a major character's demise -- we always kept this as a possibility."

Good news, no doubt, for the actor Carlos Bernard, who played Tony, a major '24' character in its first four seasons, whose character has been in more episodes than any other than Bauer.

Kiefer Sutherland's Bauer will be on trial for "his actions in the pursuit of justice." Mary Lynn Rajskub and James Morrison will both be back to play Chloe O'Brian and Bill Buchanan (perhaps as character witnesses for Jack).

But otherwise the cast till be filled with newcomers, among them the previously announced Cherry Jones as President Allison Taylor, Janeane Garofalo as FBI agent Janis Gold, Colm Feore as First Gentleman Henry Taylor and Bob Gunton as White House Chief of Staff Ethan Kanin.

The seventh season will begin with a two-night two hour blitz on Sunday, Jan. 13 and Monday, Jan. 14, instead of the four hour extravaganzas that have started the last two seasons, Fox says. That will allow the show to continue to air all original episodes back to back on Mondays into June.

Edited by Ringmaster

Well, it doesn't sound too bad, I mean, it can't be worse than Day 6. I like Bill and Chloe coming back, but I hope they end up getting killed off.

Hopefully they don't decide to bring back Josh.

... yes, because what 24 needs is MORE character death. <_>

I just hope that they'll spend season seven building up new characters, including these FBI guys. What the show needs right now is to create new "great" characters after the killing spree they went on a few years ago. They killed off everyone that was worth a damn, sure a sniper shooting Palmer and Michelle dying in the season 5 premiere created incredible shock value, but there just haven't been characters like them since. As for Tony returning, I don't know what I think of it. I guess I don't really find it that superb, sure he's a fantastic guy and all but it's just not the same after he was thought dead. Storyline-wise it sucks, but then again, Tony fucking Almeida is back, so I'm not complaining after all. Hopefully someone has also finally noted the 24 writing team that the president DOES NOT have to change during every season (well, yeah David Palmer was in charge through the whole third season, in the first one the prez wasn't even that much mentioned and that's about it).

Did Wayne Palmer end up kicking the bucket last season, or did the bloke survive?

I just hope that they'll spend season seven building up new characters, including these FBI guys. What the show needs right now is to create new "great" characters after the killing spree they went on a few years ago. They killed off everyone that was worth a damn, sure a sniper shooting Palmer and Michelle dying in the season 5 premiere created incredible shock value, but there just haven't been characters like them since. As for Tony returning, I don't know what I think of it. I guess I don't really find it that superb, sure he's a fantastic guy and all but it's just not the same after he was thought dead. Storyline-wise it sucks, but then again, Tony fucking Almeida is back, so I'm not complaining after all. Hopefully someone has also finally noted the 24 writing team that the president DOES NOT have to change during every season (well, yeah David Palmer was in charge through the whole third season, in the first one the prez wasn't even that much mentioned and that's about it).

Did Wayne Palmer end up kicking the bucket last season, or did the bloke survive?