The Jeffster Memorial Chuck Thread

Guest Ringmaster

Guest Ringmaster

TGC swears he posted this thread yesterday but I don't see it anywhere, in any case, anyone watch this show?

Spy chick hot.

Adam Baldwin hot.

Comedy is nice.

Show is great.

Me watch next week. I may not even change the channel and stick to NBC all night!

Liked it, will definitely be watching. And since it's relevant, here's something I posted about Chuck in the "new TV season" thread.

EDIT: And the more I read about people's reactions to the show the more I roll my eyes. I may have just hurt myself rolling my eyes so hard. It looks like most people that disliked it did so solely because McG's attached as a producer. Admittedly McG's not the best ever~! as far as directing goes, good thing he's not directing the show.
  • Like 1

I thought the first 5-10 minutes were really bad, but the rest made up for the slow start. I especially liked the last 15 minutes or so. I didn't watch Heroes since I missed the second half of the last season but Journeyman was decent as well. With MNF sucking ass last night I was glad NBC had something worth watching. I'll be sure to tune in next week, and if they absolutely HAVE to show the she spy in her underwear getting dressed every week, I guess I'll just have to cope with that.

TGC DID post this yesterday. We were all drooling about hot blonde chick in lingerie.

I was wondering where the hell that thread went, since I was going to post in it after I watched it.

Pretty good stuff, not quite as great as I was hoping but certainly enough to pull me in and make me want to watch on a weekly basis. And then god-willing I will someday catch up with Heroes and have a nice Monday Night block going for me until 24 fucks it up.

Last night was the 3rd time I'd seen the pilot, and it's still awesome. Morgan is an awesome sidekick, Casey is pure bad ass and as has been said many times before, Sarah is hot. So is Gift Shop Girl from Scrubs, and she's got some funny moments with Morgan. Zachary Levi is a great lead; Seth Cohen but slightly more together. And the show combines Josh Schwartz's wit with McG's penchant for over-the-top action. In other words, perfect for TV consumption. NBC wins Monday.

I was kinda hesitant at first, but there was nothing else on so I gave it a try. I was overly impressed. First episode was pretty good. I didn't think I'd like it, as I hate most television shows. But I'll be sure to watch it next week.

I admit though, I didn't really start paying attention until Sarah asked out Chuck. Though when I found out she was just a spy pretending to like him...it kinda crushed my dreams a little.

Nonetheless, great show so far.

Yeah, I will completely admit that one of the first major selling points for this show was the presence of The Man They Call Jayne. His presence earned at LEAST a first watch.

Honestly, TV is very good this season in my opinion. At least, in the sense that for once I'm actually going to be watching TV on a night that isn't Thursday.

So I finally watched the first episode thanks to NBC.com(if you haven't seen it go watch it!) I have to say this show is by far probably one of the best new show of the season. Brilliant and with great comedic timing. Hopefully the next few episodes live up to the show so far.

I've downloaded it and watched it before it aired in the US, just because IGN said it was great. Yeah, it's ok. What is the fuss all about? I feel like I have to watch it again to understand why you think it's excellent. Perhaps i've been watching too many Academy nominated films.

No.. No, I expected something decent and that was what I got. What was so excellent about it?

Edited by Psyence

Guest Ringmaster

Oh the Academy? Well then perhaps the comedies you enjoy only involve dry jokes about wine and the action films you like are six hundred hours long and nothing happens.

You're certainly far too mature for this sort of show. Please never watch again.

Oh the Academy? Well then perhaps the comedies you enjoy only involve dry jokes about wine and the action films you like are six hundred hours long and nothing happens.

You're certainly far too mature for this sort of show. Please never watch again.