PES 2008

Baddar

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

Some are having performance problems on the PS3...myself included.

Do the ones who are not having problems have an LCD/HD Ready TV? Just a thought. I don't...yet, and wondered if it might be the reason. I'm gathering the framerate and whatever else improves on these swanky TV's.

I've got a bog standard average normal TV with scart. Nothing special and it's working fine. Perhaps it's the camera mode people play in?! I'm in the default camera and it's fine. Perhaps zoomed out there's issues?

You can always design your own intricate sponsors through computer or drawing then print to get them scanned in - will look smoother than creating anyway.

My scanned face looks too spooky so will have to go back to creating the face instead.

The eight kits DOES annoy me though - yes each kit has a number of "kits" within it depending on what colours you have each layer but still.

I've also just written down all 70-odd celebrations for player edit so if anyone wants them I'll type 'em up and list 'em...

Well mine has (finally) been dispatched so I should hopefully have it soon. Have to say i'm a little wary given the rather mixed reaction it has recieved.

Well my opinion of it is greater than it was when I first played it. So even if you think it's utter bollocks after your first game, give it a chance.

Had the chance to play a bit more of my Master League and it's suddenly got harder than I expected. Lost to Man City in the big Derby, went on to draw with Chelsea and then I go and get yet another draw against Birmingham. While it's fustrating when you lose at times, I'm also happy that I'm not just walking the league, I'm actually six points behind Chelsea and level with Man City (Who seem to be awesome on this game).

I still wish you could view those little 'post match interview' style things in Master League, it'd be awesome seeing Ronaldo etc saying a few words, it'd just be a great little extra. Also, anybody know any good youngsters? (Not replacements but actually real life youngsters)

From the looks of his "future" graph, Tarabaat at Spurs is gonna become my best player by quite some distance.

It's definitely a harder game - played two players with a friend and in the Euro Champs with England and on second highest level we couldn't go further than second round! The computer is a wiley opponent and can dribble a bit too well!

It's definitely getting a bad press I think and the more you play the "better" it "feels".

By the way, defending FK's...

Any way of stopping these going in all the time?

I watched my nephew play the game and concede 3 times with FK's just going over his jumping wall, then the keeper looking retarded and failing to save it. It's just happened to me too...

So, is it just one of those things, or are we pressing something we shouldn't that's making us (seemingly) take control of the GK. Because he seems to be diving in the direction of the ball, just missing it.

Thanks in advance.

Mark Lawrenson's commentary is dire (I know, realistic isn't it?), he sounds like a gay Chuckle Brother.

So quite realistic then :pervert:

To be fair some of this commentary is some of the best in the series (a series well known for dodgy commentary) but I tend to flick it to Spanish cos they're more frantic and it's funnier.

I did have one match though where Lawro said nothing until the final comment of the match - nice one mate. :thumbsdown:

Also sometimes if you score in the 18th minute Lawro will tell you that you MAY just have time to score before the break, and sometimes it's confused half time with full time commentary-wise which is hardly slick. I also keep getting the comments on writing a manual for the quality of midfield battle.

It's all stuff that adds to the charm and when the gameplay is so good it doesn't matter.

1-0 down with eight minutes to score I equalise with a beauty then in the 87th I go 2-1 with a bundled in rebound only for them to score from a desperate corner in the 90th to equalise 2-2.

It's injury time so kick off, run the ball towards their goal, skip a challenge, knock it inside to Defoe and it's 3-2!

From 1-0 at 82 minutes to a 2-3 result had me literally jumping around!

This game is awesome. Seriously.

I dominate every single game in the Master league after a few seasons, I have a brilliant squad, but still I can't win unless I focus solely on the game. It's really difficult and every game gets you emotionally involved. Pure brilliance.

And Lawro is awesome. I love his dry wit.

i would agree with everyone else it gets better the more you play it i completed world tour a long long time ago which unlocked all the classic teams after 100 missions as im sure you guys know onyl thing ive spent most my time trying to find all the names of the classic teams which is proving to be a nightmare

Edited by the gurn