Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Thread

abundant

Got to play the first level today at work and must admit that it's very cool. Being able to be British Special Forces was definitely A GOOD THING - loved the accents, dry humour and comments. Also the graphics of the water spraying onto the ship was nice.

The graphics were incredible, along the lines of King Kong I say. That level was also uber awesome, the detail was amazing. Did you notice the swayin of the ship as it sank?

Yeah, the ship started listing badly, worse and worse. Water rushing in...Definitely very exciting.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a little mad at first, but it shouldn’t take that long to reach the required levels. Personally, I can see why they did that. In Objectives game, you can easily rack up the kills, since they don’t determine the fate of the game. So in a Sabotage game, you get about 30 kills easier then in TDM, and since every kill gives you 10 to 5 experience points, you would have people gaining 300 or 150 points per game just based on kills. You would have people getting to level 9 in one or two games.

Edited by abundant

After finally playing Online, I see no reason to be mad at the unlockable playlist. 30 minutes in and I’m already at the 5th level. So unless you are really bad (I was averaging 5 kills per game for example) or you hate TDM, you’ll unlock everything except Search and Destroy, Team Objective and Tactical, Hardcore, Old School and OldCore in just an hour of play.

As for my opinion on the Online, it is truly the best out there. I love the rush you get at the start of every game, where your team sticks together and searches for the other team. Once both teams find each other though, all hell breaks loose and it never lets up.

Edited by abundant

Well there ARE people playing them, But i can't connect, It goes "Getting Match Quality..." and then after a while it goes back to "Searching for Available Matches..." HELP!

Just as I expected, the Objective modes give you a ton of XP. In just four domination games, I advanced three levels from a 6 to a 9. As long as you get into a competitive back and forth Domination match, you’ll gain at least 60 XP per game. 5 for killing someone, 1 or 2 for assists and 15 for every capture point secured. By the way, Domination on Shipment is insane. Because of how small it is, there’s tons of frags and constant changing of the flags. I think I gained at least 200 XP on that map alone.

Edited by abundant

I'm loving it so far. I got it today (pre-ordered it and got the day before release in Holland). Singleplayer has been amazing so far, really some epic scenes, much better SP than cod2 and cod1. Multiplayer's master server was down so I couldn't find any servers but I found lots of European cod4 servers on internet, copy the ip and then in cod4: /connect ip, and voila. I've done well so far, mostly top 3. Really addictive game like Gongsun said.

Beat the game, 'Gillies in the Mist' was SO fun to get and after i beat it i tried to beat 'Mile High Club' on Legend but didn't get past the stairs, Still having OL problems.

This has got to be the best FPS ever.

This has got to be the best Xbox Live game ever.

THIS IS ALMOST THE BEST GAME EVER, and only almost because Power Rangers : The Movie kicked so much arse.

Can anyone find anything to hate about it yet?

Battlefield : Bad Company has a lot of work to do if it wants to dethrone this beast.

I take back what I said earlier about hating leveling, it's so rewarding to see your exp. go up every match. And Domination is just insane.

It sucks that I haven't seen more EWBites yet though wink wink.

While waiting for IW to fix online for me and some other people, I pwned by brother while playing Sabotage (On Crash) on Split Screen, I planted the bomb and some C4 then hauled ass upto the balcony with 7 seconds left and him trying to defuse the bomb, BOOM! He got C4'd, Did you guys do anything like that Online or otherwise?

While waiting for IW to fix online for me and some other people, I pwned by brother while playing Sabotage (On Crash) on Split Screen, I planted the bomb and some C4 then hauled ass upto the balcony with 7 seconds left and him trying to defuse the bomb, BOOM! He got C4'd, Did you guys do anything like that Online or otherwise?
Edited by seriouseffect