Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Thread

abundant

The end of that damn MacMillen mission is impossible.

Took me a few goes. I just ditched the sniper rifle in the end and ran around with whatever assault rifle I picked up first.

Now I know I've only got a couple of missions left and must admit I enjoyed it immensely. Will put more time into online after I finish I think.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The end of that damn MacMillen mission is impossible.

Took me a few goes. I just ditched the sniper rifle in the end and ran around with whatever assault rifle I picked up first.

Now I know I've only got a couple of missions left and must admit I enjoyed it immensely. Will put more time into online after I finish I think.

This is the first CoD game Ive played, and I love it! I've never been in to first-person shooters before, but this is really good. I'm currently going through it on the second difficulty level (forgotten the name) as I did it on Recruit on Christmas Day.

The MacMillan mission is the best in the game, IMO, I've only been killed once or twice trying to do it-usually by the guys who come from the right onto that broken ride and pick you off. I felt sure that that one would end and/or involve MacMillan's death.

In fact, thats a question I'm confused on-in that MacMillan mission, you assassinate Zakhaev (right?), but in the last level, he's still alive. Am I getting guys mixed up, or what!? That confused me.

And so did the death of Khaled Al-Asad. Did he die in the Nuclear blast, or was he the guy Price shot after tying him up, the end of the mission right before the flashback to Chernobyl?

This is the first CoD game Ive played, and I love it! I've never been in to first-person shooters before, but this is really good. I'm currently going through it on the second difficulty level (forgotten the name) as I did it on Recruit on Christmas Day.

The MacMillan mission is the best in the game, IMO, I've only been killed once or twice trying to do it-usually by the guys who come from the right onto that broken ride and pick you off. I felt sure that that one would end and/or involve MacMillan's death.

In fact, thats a question I'm confused on-in that MacMillan mission, you assassinate Zakhaev (right?), but in the last level, he's still alive. Am I getting guys mixed up, or what!? That confused me.

And so did the death of Khaled Al-Asad. Did he die in the Nuclear blast, or was he the guy Price shot after tying him up, the end of the mission right before the flashback to Chernobyl?

Edited by Boogey131

Completed it this morning. Excellence but the part in the bunker was tres tricky (especially as I kept getting put back to the 11 minute part ugh). The banter between the SAS guys throughout was great and as I'd expect. Also, glad I was tipped off about watching the credits through to the end. Cheers Kaney-babes. :wub:

Played a few online so now I'm ranked 4 oooh - at least I can edit my own class. I got four kills in a row and felt like the mack daddy :shifty: I've got a loooong way to go.

Completed it this morning. Excellence but the part in the bunker was tres tricky (especially as I kept getting put back to the 11 minute part ugh). The banter between the SAS guys throughout was great and as I'd expect. Also, glad I was tipped off about watching the credits through to the end. Cheers Kaney-babes. :wub:

I know it's rarely unwise to take credit for any unforseen fortuitious circumstances, but I haven't a clue what you're talking about >_>

I don't think I paid attention to the credits. What happens? Oh, the secret final mission, is that it? That was very cool although I died dozens of times because I kept thinking time was about to run out >_>

Edited by Kaney And Lynch

Just beat the game and it's probabaly one of my favourite endings of the big titles this year.

Ending spoilers:

All of those sections where you're grounded and the camera is all blurred and in slow-mo were just great, very cinematic. From the USMC character witnessing the nuke to the very end moment which was just amazing, when I saw Gaz die, I literally shouted at the screen, a testament to how much you become attached to the characters(especially the SAS team)

Wow, just wow. I love me some Halo, but if that wasnt the best FPS experience of the year, I don't know what was.

Just completed the game for the second time (on whichever difficulty is after Recruit) and even my parents were impressed with the ending. I'm gonna try and complete it on the next two levels too, especially as there's a lot of gamerpoints to get just from completing levels on Veteran.

Or maybe there is one but no one told you because you suck.
Yet i draw attention to being at Level 90 (Normal Mode - 55/Up to Prestige 35)

Yo meacon, I'll add you to live soon, Once we start playing you'll get better, I told one of the other EWB guys i play with that once you play for awhile you improve in leaps and bounds.

Ending spoilers of doom:

So, um, capping the bald guy was good...but why in blazes did I find myself in an airplane saving a VIP post-credits? And was I supposed to go all gung-ho and cap the final hostage holder in the head with one shot, or was I right in being a chicken-shit and shooting him in the shin first so the hostage got out of the way and I could cap him good?