Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Thread

abundant

Release Date: (US) November 5th (Europe) November 9th (Australia) November 7th

Game Details:

-16 maps

-16 to 18 players over XBL.

-6 Multiplayer modes: Free for All, Team Deathmatch, Search and Destroy, Sabotage, Domination, HQ

-At the start, you can only play FFA and Team Deathmatch. To unlock or be able to play in other playlist, you must be a certain rank.

- Arcade Mode unlocks after your beat the game. It’ similar to Halo’s meta game.

Playlist

Free-for-All - Every man for himself.

Team Deathmatch - Use teamwork to kill opposing players and reach score limit.

Team Objective - Domination and Search & Destroy. Capture flags in Domination, with respawning. Destroy and defend objectives in Search & Destroy, no respawning.

Team Tactical - Small team Deathmatch and Search & Destroy.

Search and Destroy - Much like Counter-Strike's bomb planting mode, there are two teams: attackers and defenders. Attackers try to plant a bomb at one of two bomb sites, and defenders try to defend the bomb sites. If explosives are planted, defenders must defuse them. Players only have one respawn per round. A round is over when all players on one team are killed, or when the bomb explodes or is defused.

Headquarters - A radio spawns somewhere on the map. Your goal is to capture the radio for your team. If Team A captures the radio, they must defend it from being destroyed by Team B. Team A will only have one respawn until the radio is destroyed or the max time limit for the radio is reached. Team B will respawn at set intervals. Team A earns points for every second the radio is held. To capture/destroy a radio, you must stand in the area of the radio. The more players, the faster you destroy it. A new radio spawns when time limit is reached or the radio is destroyed.

Domination - There are flags at certain points around the map. All flags start neutral. Teams battle to hold the most flags. Game ends when the time limit is reached, or the score limit is reached.

Sabotage - Similar to Search and Destroy, only the bomb is neutral and there are objectives located in both teams' bases. Each team's goal is to take the bomb and blow up the objective in the enemy's base. The bomb carrier can fire his weapons, but his position will be announced periodically throughout the game. Also, unlike Search and Destroy, players will have unlimited respawns as opposed to just one per round.

Team Hardcore - Hardcore Team Deathmatch and Search and Destroy. Limited HUD, extra bullet damage, friendly fire on.

Old School - Old School TDM and FFA. No classes. Weapons are pickups, health is increased, and jumps are higher.

Oldcore - Old School pick-ups and jumping. Hardcore limited HUD and extra bullet damage. TDM.

Ground War - Big team games (18 players) -TDM and Domination.

List of Perks:

Perk Slot 1:

* Bomb Squad (detect placed C4 charges)

* C4 x 2

* Claymore x 2

* RPG-7 x 2

* Special Grenades x 3

* Frag x 3

* Bandolier (adds more ammo to your clip)

Perk Slot 2:

* Juggernaut (More Health)

* Sleight of hand (Reload quicker)-unlocked at Master sergeant (lvl20)

* Stopping power (More weapon damage)

* UAV Jammer (Jams enemy radar)unlocked at Sergeant lvl 11)

* Sonic Boom (Bigger explosions)

* Double Tap (increased rate of fire)-unlocked at 1st lieutenant (lvl29)

* Overkill (carry two primary weapons, no pistol)-unlocked at lieutenant colonel (lvl 38)

Perk Slot 3:

* Extreme conditioning (Sprint longer)

* Steady Aim (Steadier aiming)

* Last Stand (Shoot your pistol while dying)-unlocked at Corporal (lvl 8)

* Deep Impact (Better bullet penetration through walls)

* Dead Silence (Less noise when running)-unlocked at Brigadier general 1 (lvl 44)

* Iron Lungs (Hold breath longer when sniping)-unlocked at 2nd lieutenant (lvl 26)

* Eavesdrop (Allows you to listen in on enemy chat)-unlocked at Major (lvl 35)

* Martyrdom (While dying, player pulls a grenade)- unlocked at Gunnery sergeant 1 (lvl 17)

Weapons

Multi-player

o Ac130

o Airstrike

o Ak47

o Ak74u

o Artillery

o at4

o aw50

o barrett

o beretta

o binoculars

o bomb

o bomb defuse

o c4

o claymore

o cobra20mm

o cobraFFAR

o colt45

o concussion grenade

o desert eagle

o dragunov

o flash grenade

o frag grenade

o g3

o g36c

o hindFFAR

o humvee50cal

o m1014

o m14

o m16

o m21

o m4

o m40a3

o m60e4

o mp44

o mp5

o p90

o remington700

o rpd

o SAW

o Skorpion

o usp

o uzi

o Winchester1200

Single-Player

o 50cal turret technical

o ac130(105/25/40mm)

o agm114

o Airstrike

o ak47

o ak74u

o at4

o aw50

o barrett

o barrett fake* (Don't know what is it)

o beretta

o binoculars

o bm21 missile

o bmp turret

o bog mortar turret

o bradley turret

o brick blaster(also on multi)

o brick bomb

o c4

o camera(10/20/30/45/5fov)

o claymore

o cobra20mm

o cobra air support

o cobra FFAR

o cobra hellfire

o cobra seeker

o cobra sidewinder

o cod3mg42 turret

o colt45

o default vehicle weapon

o desert eagle

o dog bite

o dragunov

o facemask

o flash grenade

o frag grenade

o g3

o g36c

o gp25

o heli minigun

o heli small arms

o heli spot light

o hindFFAR

o hind tmp rocket

o hind turret

o humvee50cal

o hunted crash missile

o javelin

o m1014

o m14

o m16

o m1a1

o m203

o m4

o m40a3

o m4m203

o m60e4

o mark19

o mg42

o mi28

o minigun player turret

o mp44

o mp5

o p90

o parabolic

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am seriously debating about getting either this or that Mass Effect game. It looks like this game may be the one in the lead for me to get though as I have heard it may be one of the best FPS of all time.

Yeah, I'll probably be getting a 360 this month, and I'm really considering getting this. The only thing that might prevent me from getting this right away is Halo 3. If I get Halo with my 360, then I'll probably get Mass Effect instead of this, as I won't want to have two shooters and nothing else.

This game does look incredible, though. Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, and especially this game are all putting out great graphics and strong gameplay this month.

If it wasn't for the BETA I wouldn't have got this at all, But the BETA combined with the insane offer Domain had (Pre Order for 70 bucks) I'm getting this on the 7th and I'm gonna be playing.

What perks and weapons are you guys gonna use most?

Weapon of Choice: Mini-Uzi with Red Dot Sight

2nd Weapon of Choice: SAW with Red Dot Sight

Perk Slot 1:

* Claymore x 2

Perk Slot 2:

* Sleight of Hand - With SAW

* Stopping Power - With Mini Uzi

Perk Slot 3:

* Deep iMPACT!

The reviews are coming in and the consensus is that the single player is the same balls to the wall game play from COD2, the multiplayer is only rivaled by Halo 3 with a less restrictive matchmaking process (The same as in Halo 3, but you can actually pick what game mode you want to play, no more BS like getting thrown into a mode you hate, when you just want to play a certain mode), and arguably the best graphics on the 360 all running at a crisp, smooth 60FPS. I can’t wait until tomorrow!

Forgot to add, there’s technically 18 game modes to choose from. All six main modes can be played under Hardcore, Old School, and OldCore settings. From watching video of those three settings in action, they greatly change the flow of the game.

Edited by abundant

The power will be out at mine (Do they have to interrupt service on my block on the day CoD is out?) from 8:30am to 12:30pm AEDST (Australian East Coast Daylight Savings Time) but after that im on live straight away, Until then...... GRANADA!

Got to play the first level today at work and must admit that it's very cool. Being able to be British Special Forces was definitely A GOOD THING - loved the accents, dry humour and comments. Also the graphics of the water spraying onto the ship was nice.