Serie A fan killed

Evafreak

Internazionale's Serie A game with Lazio has been postponed following the death of an away supporter.

A Lazio fan died after clashes between Biancocelesti and Juventus supporters at a motorway restaurant near Arezzo.

Reports suggest the fan was shot, although details of the incident have yet to be confirmed.

However, Sunday's Serie A fixture between champions Inter and Lazio at Giuseppe Meazza has been called off with a later date to be rearranged.

Juventus' game at Parma, meanwhile, is expected to go ahead, along with the other fixtures in Sunday's programme, albeit with a 15-minute delay.

Also the AC Milan game against Atlanta seems to have been abandoned due to fan troubles as well

Guest Big Boss

Jesus, it's ridiculous when you compare football related violence from across Europe to what we experience in England and the other home nations. We get gangs of skinheads in burburry having a scrap in a carpark... they get shootings outside motorway restaurants.

There has always been a history of violence in Serie A, and it is usually dealt with swiftly.

The question I bode to fans of English soccer, is why there are 'gangs' setup in English soccer that purposefully leave England and go to other countries to cause mayhem.

Serie A has this stigma of people dying, but what I am getting at, is that the Italians are mad, but they keep it in their own country. The english are equally as mad, and take it wherever they go.

Bah to you all!

The question I bode to fans of English soccer, is why there are 'gangs' setup in English soccer that purposefully leave England and go to other countries to cause mayhem.

You ask this...as if we could actually say "ah yes, this is the reason".

Guest Big Boss

Yeah, one group of those Polish hooligans were complete wankers. They invited him this shithole in the middle of nowhere and tried to make out like they weren't hooligans when he asked them about it.

You ask this...as if we could actually say "ah yes, this is the reason".

I'm shocked he actually asked something that hasn't got anything to do with Japan, personally.

And football hooliganism in England is nowhere near as bad as in the 1980s thanks to better stadiums and policing, something countries like Italy surprisingly have little of. I haven't heard of any problems domestically in England with football violence in years. When there are problems abroad involving English fans with English teams, it can be the fault of the drunken minority. However because of past stereotypes still being there, there are incidents where police are very heavy-handed like they were in Spain to Spurs fans last year for example.

To be honest there doesn't seem (to my knowledge) to be major physical hatred (or at least a recent history of) between the Milan teams, so he should be ok.

A problem with the Ultra groups (and a lot of teams have them in some shape or form) is that they actually have a degree of power and influence over certain sections of the club. If the team is deemed as under-performing, it's not uncommon for the ultra group to demand talks with the chairman and officials, and often it's granted. There's even been rumours that when an Ultra group says a player is to be sold, it happens.

They have too much power quite frankly, and often these leaders are 'known' to be involved in criminal activity and even are affiliated with certain sections of the police.

Edited by JimbobJoylove