EWB's Top 50 Stand-Ups: RESULTS

Bigal

Chris Rock hasn't been funny for at least eight or ten years now, if he was ever funny.

Gotta disagree, Rock still considers himself primarily a stand-up comic and rightfully so. His movies suck, although I did somewhat enjoy I Think I Love My Wife, but the guy is pure brilliance on stage.

Redd Foxx and Lenny Bruce not making the list is just fucking sad. Bill Maher and David Cross are both criminally low, the fact that Rodney Carrington is even on the list and above those guys is hilarious, and not in a good way. Maher is the greatest political comedian of all time and David Cross deserves a top ten spot just for verbally destroying Larry The Cable Guy on top of the fact that he's absolutely hysterical.

Good to see Louis CK on the list though, the guy doesn't get nearly enough praise despite guys like Dane Cook ripping off his bits.

1336.jpg

40. Daniel Tosh

8 points, 4 votes

“I like California, but I hate people who complain about it – ‘Oh it’s too expensive to live here, I gotta move.’ – Good! Move to the middle of the country. That’s where those people go, the ones that gave up on their dreams.”

white.jpg

39. Ron White

11 points, 3 votes

“I once went without sex for three months – three months! You can’t go three months without having sex with me – I know, I’ve seen me do it.”

21rusb.jpg

38. Russell Howard

12 points, 3 votes

“Any of you ever been on a march? Fairtrade march? Nobody? “When they make good coffee, we’ll drink it.” I once went on a Countryside Alliance march, incredible day out – I’m not pro or anti-fox hunting, I just quite like watching posh people getting beaten up.”

Dave_Gorman_Pic.jpg

37. Dave Gorman

14 points, 3 votes

It is impossible to find a suitable quote for Dave Gorman – his shows are too unique.

steven-wright.jpg

Steven Wright

15 points, 3 votes

“When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.”

Daniel Tosh is gold, definitely my pick for the next big comedian. Ron White is the only funny guy out of the Blue Collar bunch and Steven Wright is one of the most underrated comics of all-time. Great set there.

Daniel Tosh is gold, definitely my pick for the next big comedian. Ron White is the only funny guy out of the Blue Collar bunch and Steven Wright is one of the most underrated comics of all-time. Great set there.

Respectfully disagree concerning White, as he milked his Blue Collar jokes for every drop he could before I finally just stopped paying attention to him. Many of the 'Blue Collar' jokes appeared on his later specials and the 'Tater Salad' DVD. Unless he has finally whipped up a brand new set, I can't put him ahead of any of the other Blue Collar guys (who, in all fairness, are all guilty of this and don't deserve that much praise to begin with.)

Russell Howard is greatness. He can come off as a bit random on Mock the Week - well, he's just as random on stage, but the pace just makes it work.

I don't like him on Mock The Week, but his live show was superb.

Good to see Dave Gorman there also.

'Dance your way out of danger'

Russell Howard is greatness. He can come off as a bit random on Mock the Week - well, he's just as random on stage, but the pace just makes it work.

I don't like him on Mock The Week, but his live show was superb.

That was sort of what I was trying to say. :shifty: Though I think he's alright on Mock the Week. Often overshadowed by Frankie Boyle (whose live show was only okayish) and Hugh Dennis, though.

That line from White is probably his least funny line. I love the guy, and his "You Can't Fix Stupid" dvd was funny as hell. Steven Wright was the only other guy on that list that I've heard. Wrights line was the only funny one out of this group too.