Man Sells Guitar Hero For $9000

Benji

MONTREAL (AFP) - After catching his 15-year-old smoking pot, a father sold the hard-to-get "Guitar Hero III" video game he bought his son for 90 dollars for Christmas at an online auction, fetching 9,000 dollars.

The sale took place after the father spent two weeks searching for the video game for the Nintendo Wii gameboard.

"So I was so relieved in that I had finally got the Holy Grail of Christmas presents pretty much just in the nick of time. I couldn't wait to spread the jubilance to my son," the father wrote on the eBay website.

"Then, yesterday, I came home from work early and what do I find? My innocent little boy smoking pot in the back yard with two of his delinquent friends."

The man, a school teacher, who kept his identity private, said he sold the coveted video game to punish his son and discourage him from smoking dope.

The sale was a boon for the family's bank account, since the game the father purchased for 90 dollars (US) was finally sold to an Australian who plunked down 9,100 dollars for it.

The naughty son, however, will not go without a present on Christmas.

"I am still considering getting him a game for his Nintendo. Maybe something like Barbie as the Island Princess or Dancing with the Stars ... I know he will just love them," the father said, tongue-in-cheek.

Bwahaha, I never would've undone the packaging if I'd have know that :D

For the Aussie view on things:

AN AUSTRALIAN has paid $10,420 for a rare video game that was auctioned online by a Canadian after deciding that his dope-smoking son did not deserve it as a Christmas present.

The sale of Guitar Hero III took place after the father had spent two weeks searching for the video game for the Nintendo Wii gameboard.

"I came home from work early and what do I find? My innocent little boy smoking pot in the backyard," said the seller, a school teacher who kept his identity private. He sold it as a punishment.

Edited by Kryptonite3d

I shall inform Montreal that they are now in the States. <_>

Doesn't Australia share with North America for regions? I thought that is why I heard a guy from there talking about having Fire Pro... but maybe he imported.

The US and Canada = NTSC

Aussie and Europe = PAL

That's why i asked.

Is Guitar Hero, a NEW game, 'rare' though anyway? What qualifys it to be classed as rare? Was this one gold plated/made by blind monks/shat on by Pamela Anderson? I mean if this father who bought the game originally was scurrying around for two weeks before Christmas looking for it in the shops, what a dick, you get a popular game as soon as you can to avoid possible dissappointment. And it's even worse that the guy who bought it from him was still looking for it now and willing to pay $8010 more for it. Proof that eBay is full of twats.

It's even stupider when the guy who bought it realises that it won't work, and that largely the song list ain't as good as the other too. See, having a Wii makes you stupid. <_>

Edited by TheModernWay

Is Guitar Hero, a NEW game, 'rare' though anyway? What qualifys it to be classed as rare? Was this one gold plated/made by blind monks/shat on by Pamela Anderson? I mean if this father who bought the game originally was scurrying around for two weeks before Christmas looking for it in the shops, what a dick, you get a popular game as soon as you can to avoid possible dissappointment. And it's even worse that the guy who bought it from him was still looking for it now and willing to pay $8010 more for it. Proof that eBay is full of twats.

It's even stupider when the guy who bought it realises that it won't work, and that largely the song list ain't as good as the other too. See, having a Wii makes you stupid. <_<