2007: TOP 100 ALBUMS!

YI

Here we go again. Before I start the list (I know there's like 8 days left, but I more than likely wont be getting another album before the year's out) I will be posting a list of my top 25 songs of the year...maybe with a link for you to download them, depends how much attention mods actually pay to this topic. :shifty:

Anyways...talk...speculate...discuss your favourites...whatever.

You can check out last years list;

/forum/index.php?showtopic=49162">HERE

I got bored towards the end, but this year I've got about 20 of the paragraphs written out already...so it looks promising. :shifty:

Here's the top 30 from last year, all of which I said were DEFINATELY worth checking out;

30. "The Same Side" by Lucie Silvas | Pop |

29. "Kill Them With Kindndess" by The Headlights | Indie-Pop |

28. "The Adversary" by Ihsahn | Black Metal |

27. "Billy Talent (II)" by Billy Talent | Emo-Rock |

26. "Black Holes And Revelations" by Muse | Rock |

25. "Putting The Days To Bed" by The Long Winters | Indie-Rock |

24. "Illuminare" by Umbrellas | Indie-Pop |

23. "WWI" by White Whale | Prog-Indie-Rock |

22. "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not" by Arctic Monkeys | Indie-Rock |

21. "Twelve Small Steps, One Giant Disappointment" by Bad Astronaut | Prog-Indie-Rock |

20. "In A Million Pieces" by The Draft | Punk-Rock |

19. "Return To The Sea" by Islands | Indie-Rock |

18. "The Freedom Spark" by Larrikin Love | Indie-Rock |

17. "The Eraser" by Thom Yorke | Electro |

16. "Lover, The Lord Has Left Us..." by The Sound Of Animals Fighting | Experimental/Prog-rock |

15. "Nuclear Daydream" by Joseph Arthur | Acoustic/Rock/Singer-songwriter |

14. "The Scattering Of Ashes" by Into Eternity | Melodic Death Metal |

13. "Electric President" by Electric President | Electro-Indie-Pop |

12. "St. Elswhere" by Gnarls Barkley | Alternative/Soul/R&B |

11. "Brightblack Morning Light" by Brightblack Morning Light | Psychadelic/Ambience |

10. "World Waits" by Jeremy Enigk | Singer-songwriter/alt-pop |

9. "The Crane Wife" by The Decemberists | Indie-Pop |

8. "Come Clarity" by In Flames | Melodic Death Metal |

7. "Unicornography" by The Falcon | Punk-Rock |

6. "...And The Battle Begun" by Rx Bandits | Prog-Ska |

5. "The Garden" by Zero 7 | Lo-Fi/Trip-hop |

4. "The Devil & God Are Raging Inside Me" by Brand New | Indie-Rock/Emo |

3. "Wild Peace!" by Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra | Jazz-Ska |

2. "Keasbey Nights" by Streetlight Manifesto | Ska-Punk |

1. "Our Darkest Days" by Ignite | Punk-Rock |

That'll be top 5 I can almost guarantee it. But I'm convinced it'll be between SotL and SO for the top spot. With the Weakerthans somewhere in there too.

1. "Blackhawks over Los Angeles" Strung Out

2. "Stars of the Lid and Their Refinement of the Decline" Stars of the Lid

3. "Reunion Tour" the Weakerthans

4. "Somewhere in the Between" Streetlight Manifesto

5. "Career Suicide" A Wilhelm Scream

I'm calling that.. Until someone mentions a band I forgot and then I'll readjust it.

I'm only putting that for when we inevitably don't make it to the Top 5.

Pretty good list, good selection of metal espically Into Eternity. Don't know about the In Flames though. I would have put Dark Tranquillity "Fiction", Rise of the Tyrannt from Arch Enemy. I guess some found those albums to be hit and miss. But The Apostasy from Behemoth would have been on the list for sure. How was Ihsahn's album.......Emperor fucking rule

It can't be a top 100 albums when I'd only heard of like 4 bands on last year's list.

It's not really a top 100 albums list, its a list to put over how YI is clearly better than everyone else as he listens to non-commercial bands. FIGHT THE POWER!

EDIT: I wonder if he'll swerve us all and have Alter Bridge at #1. <_<

Edited by God-Awful

Yeah just of 2007. But I doubt it will even finish by 2009 so don't hold your breath >_<

And yeah, compile your own list of Top 100 albums for 2007 if you don't like this one. I would, but it takes too much effort, so I'll just whinge when this one inevitably has awesome bands too close to 100.

Like last year with Ryan's Hope, what a farce.

I tend to take it with a pinch of salt. To make this list we're talking comprehensively listening to roughly two albums per week just to actually get the 100. If this is a top 100 there really should be a few more that don't make the cut, therefore even more, with enough listening time to actually rank them. Unless you're still a lazy student lamo (oh, to be a lazy student lamo again...) with loads of time on your hands I just don't have the time for it. Plus either last year or the year before you had the Pipettes but not the Long Blondes, which is frankly like including North & South over Take That...

On the other hand you've got the Nobby avatar, and I do tend to find some good picks, so I'll give it a glance anyway...

Here we go again. Before I start the list (I know there's like 8 days left, but I more than likely wont be getting another album before the year's out) I will be posting a list of my top 25 songs of the year...maybe with a link for you to download them, depends how much attention mods actually pay to this topic. :shifty:
If you do that you can enjoy a warning and maybe suspension :)

How likely would they find out anyways? Unless someone rat us out again.

Although how would we all cope in a life without EWB? Looking through the "what did you get for Christmas" thread shows how pathetic everyone is to be fair.

Edited by IAceI

How likely would they find out anyways? Unless someone rat us out again.

Although how would we all cope in a life without EWB? Looking through the "what did you get for Christmas" thread shows how pathetic everyone is to be fair.

Well Kou would go to 4chan more. I think I'd just play more video games. I'm not sure about everyone else.

Also, instead of getting EWB in possible trouble, would you mind hitting me up on AIM or MSN YI? Of course just to talk, and share songs we already both own.

Edited by damshow