Best/Top Music of 2007

The Mask of Norro

So, discuss your favorite songs, and the most popular songs, of 2007. Doesn't matter the genre, but yeah... did they deserve the fame they got? Were there songs that didn't show up in the Top Charts that you thought should have?

Keep the flaming out of here, and if you dislike a song, back yourself up with more than just "it's gay". Thank you.

Guest tiarnantman

"Hey there Delilah

What's it like in New York City?

I'm a thousand miles away

But girl, tonight you look so pretty

Yes you do

Times Square can't shine as bright as you

I swear it's true

Hey there Delilah

Don't you worry about the distance

I'm right there if you get lonely

Give this song another listen

Close your eyes

Listen to my voice, it's my disguise

I'm by your side

Oh it's what you do to me

What you do to me

Hey there Delilah

I know times are getting hard

But just believe me, girl

Someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar

We'll have it good

We'll have the life we knew we would

My word is good

Hey there Delilah

I've got so much left to say

If every simple song I wrote to you

Would take your breath away

I'd write it all

Even more in love with me you'd fall

We'd have it all

A thousand miles seems pretty far

But they've got planes and trains and cars

I'd walk to you if I had no other way

Our friends would all make fun of us

and we'll just laugh along because we know

That none of them have felt this way

Delilah I can promise you

That by the time we get through

The world will never ever be the same

And you're to blame

Hey there Delilah

You be good and don't you miss me

Two more years and you'll be done with school

And I'll be making history like I do

You'll know it's all because of you

We can do whatever we want to

Hey there Delilah here's to you

This one's for you

What you do to me."

Good enough to be on any 'Best of 2007' CD, yes?

It spawned "Hey there, Olivier" - which must mean its some good.

Umbrella single-handedly made a generation of teenage girls rapping superstars. I mean...the way "Umbrella" was paired with "Ella"....just pure genius. I remain awestruck to this day.

As far as "pop" music goes, I was a fan of "Keep Bleeding" by Leona Lewis, despite not having a clue who she was or having heard it until about a month or so after it was released, because it reminded me of first album Shakespears Sister, or Marcella Detroit. Which is alright. I also liked "Foundations" by Kate Nash, after a while...was irritating at first, but the Metronomy remix made me realise that it's actually rather good, and charmingly tender in a kind of Television Personalities way. Which is very very good.

Outside of that, M.I.A's "Kala" was phenomenal, one of the freshest, most interesting things I've heard all year. I'm amazed she hasn't already taken off in a huge, huge way.

Other stuff I've enjoyed; "Hibernaculum" by Earth was beautiful...essentially a continuation of the previous album, but I adore their new direction.

"Pre-Emptive False Rapture" by Chrome Hoof may well be the album of the year for me, it's absolutely phenomenal. They were also one of my favourite live acts of the year.

Robert Wyatt, Julian Cope, Björk, Billy Childish and Grinderman have all released fantastic albums this year, too.

Outside of that, M.I.A's "Kala" was phenomenal, one of the freshest, most interesting things I've heard all year. I'm amazed she hasn't already taken off in a huge, huge way.

She sounds phenomenal, fresh, and interesting. That's why she hasn't taken off in a huge huge way. It doesn't sell to the idiots because the machine doesn't want to sell anything thoughtful.

She sounds phenomenal, fresh, and interesting. That's why she hasn't taken off in a huge huge way. It doesn't sell to the idiots because the machine doesn't want to sell anything thoughtful.

On the British side of things, I like 2 of the #1 singles: Grace Kelly and Stronger. Though having the Arctic Monkeys, Editors, Kanye, Foo Fighters, Springsteen and Eagles as #1 albums is solid.

Americans get points for What Goes Around.../...Comes Around and once again Stronger. Though only Modest Mouse, Kanye, Springsteen and Eagles are solid number one albums.

Man with all the good tunes/albums that were released this year, that group is really sad.

As far as pop music goes, I quite liked "Umbrella" and "Bleeding Love" was pretty catchy too. I liked all of Kate Nash's songs which might get me some hate. Mika's singles were good too apart from "Big Girl" and "Happy Ending" which I found to be quite awful.

I don't think there were any others that particularly stood out.