What music are you looking forward to in 2008?

Bob Roberts

Here's some music I'm looking forward to being released in the new year. No specific order..

- Full-length debut album from Black Kids

- New T.I. album

- Nas: Nigger

- The Mars Volta: The Bedlam In Goliath

- Lil Wayne: Tha Carter III

- The Black Crowes: War Paint

- New Nine Inch Nails.. Year Zero 2?

- New Franz Ferdinand

- Ryan Adams: 20/20 box set with all of his "lost" albums, plus new solo album and new album with The Cardinals.

- Casual interest in the new Metallica and U2 albums even though I'm not expecting much.

- New Gnarles Barkley album

- New Eminem album

- Possible new album by The Raconteurs?

- New Michael Jackson album??

Oh and of course.. CHINESE DEMOCRACY!

We had this a while back... anyways...

Shinedown album

Black Stone Cherry album

iTunes tokens with Coke so I can get the Black Stone Cherry songs that are only on iTunes. Shitty Apple. Shitty iPod that I don't want.

Chinese Democracy would be great, but I think we'll probably get it in the country of China before the albums out :shifty: .

Edited by TheModernWay

New Nas, Ghostdoom, more than likely a new Ghostface album, new Mike Patton project (Mondo Cane or anything else). That's all off the top of my head, though.

Thrice's "The Alchemy Index, Vol. 3 & 4: Air & Earth"

The Mars Volta's "Bedlam In Goliath"

City & Colour's "Bring Me Your Love"

Boris' "Smile"

Bullet For My Valentine's "Scream Aim Fire"

Lil' Wayne's "Tha Carter III"

New Brand New

Dead By Sunrise (Chester Bennington) debut album

Glassjaw's return to music

SHIT YEAH!!! (Greg Puciato's mock "Hellyeah" band)

And my most anticipated is, of course, NIN's new album. I'm 50/50 on whether it will be Year Zero II, but either way, it'll be badass. I'm almost sure of it. :shifty:

Stuff I've Already Heard:

"Heretic Pride" by Mountain Goats (AWESOME!)

"Do You Like Rock Music?" by British Sea Power

"Lucky" by Nada Surf

Confirmed/Basically Confirmed :shifty:

"The Glass Passenger" by Jack's Mannequin (April 22nd)

"New Lexicon" by Paint It Black (February 19th)

"Hold On Now, Youngster..." by Los Campesinos! (February 18th)

"???" by Death Cab For Cutie (May)

"???" by The Sound Of Animals Fighting (Summer)

"Land Of The Freaks" by Freak Kitchen

And stuff by Pulley, Death By Stereo, The Draft, Zero To Sixty, Alkaline Trio, Blackpool Lights, Young Knives, Strike Anywhere (Acoustic EP), Rise Against, Protest The Hero, LaGrecia etc. There's also world of a potential Strung Out, re-recorded b-sides CD. To finally hear a good studio version of "Lost Motel". :wub:

Edited by YI

Well, since I mostly listen to rap, the new Eminem and Nas albums, plus a very likely final album from The Game, are high on my expectations list. The Carter III isn't far behind and of course, then there's Dr. Dre's Detox, which I sincerely expect to come out this year. Boy, am I going to be disappointed.

I guess I'll check out U2 too, I liked How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

Apparantly, Alice In Chains are working on a new album with the new lead singer. So, if that comes out in 2008, that could be worth a look. Is the new lead singer good with the AIC songs they've already made?

I think Idlewild are planning on releasing their new album this year. That's all that really springs to mind right now.

The album last year was awesome. I was expecting some radio-rock tripe they'd been churning out for the past few years, but they finally returned to form, 'Scottish Fiction' style. "In competition for the worst time" remains one of my favourite tracks of the last few years.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them knock out another one, they seem to be the kind of band who can be a bit of a workhorse when they're onto something good.

The things i'm looking forward to this year

Confirmed:

City and Colour - Bring Me Your Love

Spyder Baby - Let Us PRey

Wednesday 13 - Skeletons

Horror High Presents: Blood, Feathers and Lipstick a TRibute to Wednesday 13

Expected:

Mudvayne - Shades of Grey

Dope - ???

Slipknot - ???

Michale Graves - Vol 3 of Demos and Live Cuts or/and actual new studio album

The Death Riders - ???

Fashion Bomb - ???

The Other - ???

Marazene - ???

Shadow Reichenstein - ???

Is this the year?:

Guns N Roses - Chinese Democracy

and there is probably more that i'm just forgetting

Edited by Styk

Weezer, Coldplay, The Postal Service, Cadence Weapon, Destroyer, ill nino, Lil' Wayne, The Trews, Sevendust, Pennywise, Gnarls Barkley, P.O.D., Jason Mraz, The Roots, Disturbed, Slipknot, Death Cab for Cutie, Propagandhi, Soulfly, Static-X, +44, Nine Inch Nails, Mudvayne, Oasis, Rammstein, The Streets, Nas.

I'd say Metallica, but we all know these things don't come until you concentrate on something else for a while. Or maybe that's Christmas morning. I dunno, same difference really.