Allardyce & Newcastle 'part company'

Lineker

How do we have the worst fans you can think of? Because we expect a lot out of a team that in the mid-nineties and early 00's were a top team on a consistent basis? Fans that fill a 50,000+ capacity stadium every game? Because we expect our players to play their hearts out for the club, a club paying them shit loads of money and getting bugger all back in return?

Last time I checked, we had the third highest average attendance behind Aresnal and United and even then Arsenal only overtook us last year. The only reason St. James hasn't been expanded is they can't get planning permission, otherwise it would have a long time ago.

I've never been to a place like Newcastle for football. Even when were losing were packing the stadium, hell Jenas left the club because all the fans did was talk football.

Sure, we may get a bit touchy and judgemental but if your paying £40 odd quid to watch them play, your expecting to see them, you know, play some decent football.

Not quite sure what you based your opinion off, but obviously it isn't any solid factual infomation. Jeez.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That nearly every fucking Newcastle fan is exactly the same? You think your ten times better than you are and go to matches and boo your own manager and demand his resignation despite him doing a perfectly fine job given the time he's been at the squad and the players he has.

My best friend's a Newcastle fan and he admits that the fans are too quick to jump on their manager and agrees with me that the managerial job has got to be the least wanted job on the go in the world.

Given I'm a Sunderland fan I know something about loyalty. You know, getting 35,000 people in the stadium cheering for their team despite being relegated long ago and on track to record the lowest amount of points in the Premiership's history for the second Premiership season for us in a row. In the Championship selling out our away ticket allotments for most games.

The fans are football crazy, I admit that and they love their football and will go to the matches, but I don't see how they go as Newcastle fans when they'd rather protest their hate for their manager - who as i've said a million times was doing perfectly fine - but hey, that's fine. Pompey have the lowest average attendance of all the Premiership clubs, yet it doesn't mean their fans are any worse than Newcastle's. Anyone can go to the match, whether they actually know anything or not is another matter :-\

I stick by my point that Newcastle fans are some of the worst I can think of, I know a lot of Newcastle fans - and I like a lot of them, but we can't talk football because we always argue - with me always being right :unsure: - and then they talk about beating Man Utd 5-0 once. I love football banter.

The fact your a Sunderland fan has made all those statements completely redundant. >_> Jokes.

I know exactly the points you make are true. Yes, many of us are too quick to jump on a manager's back, I for one wasn't call for Sam's head though. But when he's going to pay 6.5 million for Diarra, questionable judgement there.

And without trying to be a prick, weren't Sunderland only drawing around 19000 by the time they go to the end of their last Premiership run? The stadium was normally barren in their last 5-8 games. Apologies if wrong, but I swear the fan base plummeted for games.

Oh well, each to their own.

Edited by Pepsi Twist

Yes I know everything I say is wrong with me being a Sunderland fan, and most of what I say is what I believe but just completely exaggerated. Like I say, my best friend is a Newcastle fan and we get on just fine - we do argue sometimes but we agree quite a lot. As in, I say N'Zogbia, Milner, Taylor and Given are awesome, Butt is shit and we all agree and carry on.

And I do seem to remember us already being relegated and being applauded by the media as having some of the best fans for still being able to attract 30,000 or so to the ground. But I figure that as the season came into the last few games it was pretty empty, still... we were relegated for a loooong time lets not forget.

And today 19,000 on the dot would but us 19th in the league of attendances ahead of Wigan Athletic (what a surprise..) and 942 behind Portsmouth. So, I guess when they attract them in the normal run of the season, to get that many for the last 8 games or so when we have 15 points or so is pretty good.

We were a fucking appauling team, and if we go down this season I will once again break down in tears like I do every year.

Edited by IAceI

My first comment was a joke. Nothing more.

Half my family are Geordies and the other half are Mackems, so I'm fully aware you can get on with the other side as it were. In fact, my old man is a Sunderland fan. You can imagine his delight when I picked Newcastle, despite the fact at the time we were relegation zone of the old second division. Just before Keegan took charge. I miss those days :(

Your a geordie. You like a mackem. So... fuck off >_<

Plus you drag gay people to peoples flats and let them sleep in peoples beds, and flash your arse in gay bars.

You big mackem loving queer. And you call yourself a geordie?

Edited by YI

I wasn't joking. I usually am wrong but if you think I'm gonna admit Newcastle are better then you can get bent >_>

One grandad is from Newcastle, and as such a Newcastle fan although he's not really a football fan.

My other grandad was a massive Sunderland fan and died before I was born due to cancer.

Flawless victory for dead grandad there so I'm a Sunderland fan >_<

EDIT: Just if you're wondering, my grandad died due to cancer. I wasn't born due to cancer. Just if you get a bit mixed up ¬_¬

Edited by IAceI

Cancer baby? That is wrong in soooo many ways.

I'm just about the worst Geordie in history. From Shields originally and haven't been back home for ages. Me Nana is not a happy chappy right now, supposedly I don't love her. I do really, I just fuckin' hate Whitley Bay >.<

Bizarrely Big Sam was doing better with the crowds in recent weeks. There were loads of Big Sam chants at the Man City game, and the only Alan Shearer chants have been coming from away fans. I'm very mixed on the subject, as much as I think he'd decided we were a bottom 5 style team and therefore needed to try to get flukey points against the likes of Wigan, basically condemning us to a bottom half finish playing worse football than we had under Souness and Roeder, I don't think now was the time to get rid. Whoever comes in now has a matter of weeks to build their team. I'm assuming someones already lined up though so the next few weeks could be pretty exciting, and to be fair, a bit of excitement wouldn't go amiss at SJP these days, what else is my money paying for?

I tell you what - if Newcastle poach Gary Johnson from Bristol City and helps to destroy them, I would forever be in love with you Geordie bastards :wub:

Just keep off Trollope and Lennie :angry:

Cancer baby? That is wrong in soooo many ways.

I'm just about the worst Geordie in history. From Shields originally and haven't been back home for ages. Me Nana is not a happy chappy right now, supposedly I don't love her. I do really, I just fuckin' hate Whitley Bay >.<

Edited by YI

Guest Ringmaster

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3040218,00.html

So now it seems Shearer wants it, which I personally hope comes true 'cause I'm in the mood for a good train wreck. Based on his punditry, he'll probably jut go "aye lads, just lop the ball on ahead" and this will lead to the flowing champagne football Newcastle has been craving :shifty: