Allardyce & Newcastle 'part company'

Lineker

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like Arsenal sacking Wenger for their position... Based on their talent, Newcastle are in a decent position. Every single team above them is better than them so they have no room to complain, but because they aren't in the Champions League with half the season gone (..uh..) they need a new manager.

I hope they get Shearer, and when he doesn't take them into the UEFA Cup see if the fans call for his head as well. It's got to be the least wanted job in the world right now, because there's no hope. Allardyce has them in a good enough position for them at the minute but they think they deserve so much more right now.

God I'm going to die when I go to Northumbria Uni, I'll be beaten all the time >_<

In summary, possibly the worst fans in the Premiership.

Edited by IAceI

"Other names linked with the job include Martin Jol, Jose Mourinho, Jurgen Klinsmann, Marcello Lippi and former England boss Steve McClaren."

1. haha at them getting Mourinho or Lippi

2. I hope Jol and Klinsmann have enough sense not to go there

3. why is McClaren even mentioned in the same sentence as them?

"Other names linked with the job include Martin Jol, Jose Mourinho, Jurgen Klinsmann, Marcello Lippi and former England boss Steve McClaren."

1. haha at them getting Mourinho or Lippi

2. I hope Jol and Klinsmann have enough sense not to go there

3. why is McClaren even mentioned in the same sentence as them?

He probably shouldn't be, but it's more than likely just due to the fact that he's a "high profile" manager without a job.

Newcastle fans will never ever be satisfied no matter who is boss. They are a club that thinks it is bigger than it is. I think it was sir Bobby who gave them 4th, 5th and 6th place finishes and was sacked for it. I think for the next 5 years that's the best that club could be looking at, but the fans expect the club to be breaking into the top four.

If Shearer's expert analysis on Match Of The Day is anything to go by then he will be a useless manager. After Chelsea drew 4-4 with Aston Villa he pointed out that a lack of a target man had been a problem for Chelsea, but that Carew had played well as a target man and created goals for Villa. Completely ignoring the fact that Chelsea still managed to score 4 goals without a target man, so it was hardly goalscoring that was a problem for them that day.

Fat Sam's days were numbered because he was not a Mike Ashley appointment, and I doubt that Ashley would accept underachievment for too long when it was his money being spent but not his own man in charge.

£18m odd for Alan Smith, Joey Barton and Jose Enrique was not exactly great business, but Allardyce did do okay at the cheap end of the market with Faye, Beye and Viduka.

Newcastle fans will never ever be satisfied no matter who is boss. They are a club that thinks it is bigger than it is. I think it was sir Bobby who gave them 4th, 5th and 6th place finishes and was sacked for it. I think for the next 5 years that's the best that club could be looking at, but the fans expect the club to be breaking into the top four.

If the next Newcastle boss discovered how to clone humans and recreated the Brazil 1970 Cup winning side, he'd still only be 50/50 with the fans.

And the internal problem in the club can be summed up as the 10 guys (bar Stevie Taylor, who would die for the stripes) in front of Shay Given, whom we would have been relegated long ago without.

I'd tell him to fuck off as well. 6.5 million for Diarra? That is the some of the worst business I've heard off.

Right now, we aren't going anywhere anytime soon. We're a low table club with top four support and that's the problem. As said, no manager is going to make us happy anytime soon. Alan gets the jobs, the fans aren't going to be happy. Add onto that weve been told a foreigner won't be appointed and who the hell else do you have? No one that will get us anywhere.

Unless they bring back KK. Then I'll be happy, if only for a day. >_>