YI And His Special Music Corner

YI

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tilly & The Wall are cool. I'm sorry any band with a "tap dancer" is fucking golden in my book. Just like I fell in love with iLiKETRAiNS as on their myspace they had a guy who was solely credited as "Visuals" as a member of the band.

Swank little song. The ending bit could have been milked so much more, 2:30-2:46.

They're also cool as I know people who look like the two blondes. The one in the middle, the girl I know who looks like her I told her she looked like a tramp at a party once and she tried to get me smacked......whenever I see her she's suspiciously nice seeing as that was the first time I'd met her. :shifty:

Anyways...in other news. Played the Laura Marling album at work, and I'm in love with it. I'd be in love with her if she didn't look like fucking David Lee Roth;

Laura%20Marling.jpg

414px-Davidleeroth.jpg

It's uncanny. But anyways, check out "Alas, I Cannot Swim" by Laura Marling, beatiful, beautiful pop-folksy style album. She's only like 18 too. Amazing voice.

Just got "Everybody Loves" by Bobby And Blumm, which I'd been wanting for a while. Sweet little Morr Music band...might tide me over until I find someone with fuckign Styrofoam. :shifty:

New Goldfinger's leaked. I'll give it a listen, but to be fair, I'm expecting fuck-all from it, they've become an absolutely terrible band...and some of the songs have been kicking around 'recorded' for like a year...this quote on one of the songs still has me in stitches..."Free Kevin Kjonaas? Kevin Kjonaas can go fuck himself." Will listen to the album though, not expecting anything.

Okay..track 2 is AWESOME! Not, "Superman", "Chris Cayton" or "Wayne Gretzsky" awesome, but awesome.

Seriously...Goldfinger should stop writing shitty punk-rock songs, and start writing shitty ska songs. Even when 'shitty' they sound so much cooler, and I've always said Feldmann's voice always suits their 'ska' styled songs better.

Fuck me, the rest of this is boring as sin. At least it's better than "Machine 15" by Millencolin...but testicle cancer beats that.

Edited by YI

Why can't Laura Marling be fit? :(

She is seriously an unappealing, David Lee Roth.

And;

The Bronx have posted an update on their plans for the coming months:

Today we start packing it in to the studio to begin work on 1 of 2 records. The first of which will be our mariachi record. 11stellar tracks - highlights include "qualude quesadilla" & "if you build it, we will paint it"

4 weeks later we pack it back up and move into our own studio that our kick ass record label got us. Big game lodge. To record 11 blast punk tracks.

Both records should be released this summer worldwide. Double vinyl of both albums to follow. We are gonna try and do a studio blog or something. But we will prolly never get around to it, and blogs suck anyway.

Edited by YI

Nope...wouldn't touch her. I mean there's clearly worse...but she looks scary.

Anyways......

(IT'S TIME TO) GET UP-GET UP-GET UP (WHY DON'T YOU) STAND UP-STAND UP-STAND UP (IT'S TIME TO) GET UP-GET UP-GET UP (WHY DON'T YOU) STAND UP-STAND UP-IT'S TIME TO START A FIGHT!!!

Man...the rest of the album is shite, but this song is fucking incredible. It remids me of my early teens, rocking out to the selft-titled and "Hang-Ups"......I can't remember any other song in at least the last 5 years that makes me want to skank like a motherfucker more than this.

Edited by YI

DOUBLE POST...but this deserves a bumping...I LOVE MY BROTHER. Basically...he's throwing some big party bash over the weekend, so invited me down London first weekend in April...I'm going down Thursday, coming back up Monday......saving Saturday for some heavy partying...my weeks calender looks like;

Wednesday 2nd - Frank Turner (w/Oppenheimer) in Newcastle

maybe Thursday 3rd - Dashboard Confessional in London

Friday 4th - THIS IS A STANDOFF in London

Sunday 6th - NO USE FOR A NAME in London

FUCKING RIGHTS!!! FUCKING RIGHTS!! I LOVE MY BROTHER!!

Might be the greatest week of my life.

Edited by YI

So, after listening to the awesomeness that is 'Get Over It' a fair bit today, I stumbled across a live version (on Jonathan Ross) and...it's different. Less happy, but still awesome.

Now I just wish 'Red' would hurry up and fucking leak :@

Picked up "Box of Secrets" by Blood Red Shoes just before. Meh, album is average but "You Bring Me Down" is fucking awesome. It makes an otherwise bland album seem much better, but I dunno how much of a listen I'll be giving it again - it depresses me that my collection of albums where I only really like one or two songs is growing. I'll keep listening and hope that it will grow on me.

Once this is finished I will be listening to "Konk" by The Kooks. Which I'm hoping will be as good as their first effort, the single released so far is good and gives the album a lot of promise. A month early leak, I can see me having to give this out at school since everyone at school loves the Kooks.