YI And His Special Music Corner

YI

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I got Crystal Castle's self titled album too.

Air War I think it is just seems to cut out half way through, and I haven't got much further than that. Seems quite good in a quirky way but I'm not sure how often I could listen to it all. Plus it was a good song until it just stopped half way through, and I really don't think it was meant to - although with CC... I dunno ¬_¬

Edited by IAceI

So, Black Francis' new mini-album Svn Fngrs is the best thing I've heard this year so far. Go buy it. And Black Mountain's In The Future. Go download Santogold's L.E.S. Artistes and avoid anything by The Audition.

:)

That track's on NHL '08, but I can't remember if it's one I liked or not :/

Christ yes. Back when there was a lull at the start of the year, I got The Audition, and it was fucking awful. I think I thought they were The Academy Is...who are slightly less shit. :shifty:

"Brain Thrust Mastery" by We Are Scientists is fucking incredible. "Chick Lit" is an early shoe-in for song of the year. A 'funky' riff and verse, and an absolutely HUGE chorus. Fabulous stuff.

In other news, "Annie" has put a new song up on her myspace, "I Know Your Girlfriend Hates Me". It's unashamably catchy stuff. I can't wait for the follow-up to "Anniemal" to drop. Great album. And I'd still rape the ever loving hell out of her;

l_11eb7e6088a340045e5bba02f3722de9.jpg

You can check it out here - http://www.myspace.com/anniemusic

Edited by YI