YI And His Special Music Corner

YI

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best trance tracks ever made? "Salt Water" by Chicane and my guilty pleasure "Seven Days and One Week" by BBE...That's what was happening when I liked trance. But even they pale into insignificance beside Future Sound Of London's "Papua New Guinea".

Also, for slightly harder dancey dance from back in the day "Silence" featuring Sarah McLaughlin was brilliance. I danced plenty to that in my drinky student days. Also "Loneliness" by Tomcraft is good, as is Tocotronic's "Freiburg" (v4 and the Miss Kittin + Hacker stupid mix).

Gaslight Anthem EP has been put back to February 12th.... NOOOOO!!!! :( Although it will be available some places from today...there's been a fuck up with the distribution apparently. So hopefully somebody tracks one down and uploads it. :shifty:

Just got my hands on a Ben Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie), acoustic show from 4/10/2007....OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! AMAZING!!! Towards the end he even switches to piano for a few tracks too.

The sound quality is AMAZING. And vocally Ben's spot on. he does all sorts of stuff. Covers, DCFC stuff, Postal Service stuff and best of all MOTHERFUCKING "COUCHES IN ALLEYS!!!!" (orginally an electro track by Styrofoam, he did vocals for, which is like one of the prettiest songs ever...can a song be pretty? I don't care...it is.).

Tracklist (With talking tracks cut out):

1. To Sing For You ("Donovan" cover)

2. Brand New Colony (MUCH better than the other versions I've heard doing the rounds, which are great too)

3. Title & Registration

4. Crooked Teeth

5. We Will Become Sillhouettes (FUCKING ACE!)

6. Photobooth

7. Why You'd Want To Live Here (Amazing!)

8. Passenger Seat (OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!)

9. Soul Meets Body (On piano...really fucking nice, a little high in places)

10. Recycled Air (Works a hell of a lot better than I thought it would)

11. Couches In Alleys (:wub:)

12. A Lack Of Color (Of course it's going to rule, it's an acoustic tune)

13. Sound Of Settling

14. Such Great Heights

15. Blacking Out The Friction

16. All Apologies ("Nirvana" cover)

17. I Will Follow You Into The Dark

Edited by YI

I love you. Also, SOTY are ace, second album a bit of a depature from the first. Is This My Fate..., Stereo, Take Me Back prolly my favourites. New stuff sounds like it's on the right track, too.

Also, what's the best Silverstein album?

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

I love you. Also, SOTY are ace, second album a bit of a depature from the first. Is This My Fate..., Stereo, Take Me Back prolly my favourites. New stuff sounds like it's on the right track, too.

Also, what's the best Silverstein album?

I said it once, but it bears repeating.

Vampire Weekend. Everyone listen to them. I've listened to their CD a good 15 times since I downloaded it.

Indie + afro-pop + ska + classical music = something you've never heard before!

I just checked out this band called the Bleach Boys. I've liked what I've heard so far, it's a nice fusion of punk and surf rock from Texas. I'd like to see them make their way out to Detroit because I wouldn't mind seeing them live. They also cover the requisite song for every surf band, Pipeline. I'd also say they're one of the better bands I've heard from the modern era, good sound all the way around.

Also, if anybody is ever in the mode for good synthesizer based music, check out Digital Leather. Sort of a modern take on Suicide and The Screamers, but not what you'd call a carbon copy of either.