YI And His Special Music Corner

YI

Atreyu and Aiden, worth checking out or what? I just noticed that Efrem from DBS has done guest vocals on songs on albums by both bands but I've never listened. Pretty sure my brother has the Atreyu one he was on (Suicide Notes & Butterfly Kisses) but I've always dismissed it as rubbish because.. well.. he listens to a lot of rubbish.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both shite. :shite:

I'm quite narked, as the other week I found a band where the singer sounded an awful lot like Efrem (and it WASN'T Killswitch Engage :shifty:), but I've forgotten who it was. :(

Edited by YI

I think I'll add the Atreyu one to my playlist and give it a whirl anyway, if it's bad I'll just pretend it was never there.

Atreyu and Aiden, worth checking out or what? I just noticed that Efrem from DBS has done guest vocals on songs on albums by both bands but I've never listened. Pretty sure my brother has the Atreyu one he was on (Suicide Notes & Butterfly Kisses) but I've always dismissed it as rubbish because.. well.. he listens to a lot of rubbish.

Okay...a request. Can someone with a myspace account download the songs on this guys myspace and send them to me?

http://www.myspace.com/mikehalemusic

Actually, I just need "Jawbreaker Fan" and "Look Where I Been". So.

Seriously, if someone had told me one of the most beautiful tunes I heard would have the lyrics; "I am still a Leatherface fan/True to the end/"Patrick Kills..." means everything to me/Jawbreaker is still my favourite band/Few can contend.......", I'd have laughed in their face.

Edited by YI

So against advice I listened to Aiden, what the fuck? How could a band influenced by so many good bands (Bad Religion, RHCP, Misfits etc) be so... bad?

Just like how so many bands influenced by Green Day and NOFX can actually be good. :shifty:

And have you fucking seen what Aiden look like? Of course they were going to be shit...I mean...LOOK AT THEM!

aiden_full.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ON THE RIGHT? It sure as hell isn't human.

Edited by YI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP-xTsx67KU

I'm a bit apprehensive as the clips of the tunes on his myspace sound a little too 'similar' to the "Bohemian" stuff. "Postcards..." especially sounds too much like "Lighthouse" and "...With Feeling" with a vocal line awfully like "Call Me Ishmael". Although it does sound good...as all three of those tunes are killer. But the chord progressions and vocal lines all the stuff seem horifcally familiar so far.

But I still reckon/hope it will be good. Oh, and the dancing clocks in the video are gold.

Edited by YI

WOOOHOOO!! Headlights has leaked. :D

I wish the singer was fit. :(

Oooooh....just got my hands on The Foals too.

AND FUCK ME!!!! Lightspeed Champion's the guy from Test Icicles!?!?! AMAZING!!! Test Icicles were so fucking shitty...but they did have an awesome name. Although, not as awesome as "Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin"...which may be my favourite band name ever.

Edited by YI

Just like how so many bands influenced by Green Day and NOFX can actually be good. :shifty:

And have you fucking seen what Aiden look like? Of course they were going to be shit...I mean...LOOK AT THEM!

aiden_full.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ON THE RIGHT? It sure as hell isn't human.

Middle one's that annoying gay Irish cunt from Hollyoaks.

One on the right is Matt Lucas from Little Britain.

Less said about the two at the back the better.

I hate Vampire Weekend. I hate them so much that I have listened to "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" several times continuously now. :shifty:

Translation: They are catchy as fuck. I listened to "Cape Cod" several times followed by "Oxford Comma" and both songs are about the stupidest possible things to ever base a song about ("Cape Cod" being a semi-excuse to mention random prep fads and "Oxford Comma" bringing up high absurdity about masters English and then...Lil' Jon?), and yet they are insanely scarily catchy.

Edited by ROC