YI And His Special Music Corner

YI

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY ordered Goldenhorse. Thank tittyfucking christ. Finally found a sodding New Zealand site that did Paypal. I really don't understand how a singer (and most of the band, I believe) can he located in London, yet you cannot literally order their CD from anywhere in the UK. If anyone finds a download for it, please don't tell me, as I'll probably want to murder you.

Oh, and finally;

Subtotal: £10.02 GBP

Postage & Packing: £5.08 GBP

VAT: £0.00 GBP

Total Amount: £15.11 GBP

Edited by YI

Enough of buying music. Lets talk about free must.

For fans of; The Postal Service, Aqueduct, Electric President, Flunk, Roommate, Angels & Airwaves etc.

WEAKLING & KING

http://www.last.fm/label/Weakling%2B%2526%2BKing/

ALL of his stuff is available for download from there, by clicking on the appropriate album cover and downloading the tracks and shit. All I have so far is last years "Is Dead" and DAMN!! I love it. "We Die", "All The Things We've Made", "Remember You (#2)", the cover of "Everybody's Talking At Me", "Fuel The Flame" are fucking amazing.

A couple of my tracks cut off early when I downloaded them, I just downloaded them again and everything was fine. Strange.

Edited by YI

Last.fm is wonderful, wonderful. Anyone know of any other complete albums available for free on there? I hate having the odd track from an album, even if I only listen to one or two tracks.

Also, what bitrate is it in?

Argh, such horrible memories of downloading albums at 128 track by track on Morpheus and the like back in the day. 320 > *

Bah. I'm perfectly happy with 196 to be honest. Personally, I have so much shit, I find if I had everything at 320 I wouldn't have room for it. :shifty:

For those of you who care...Clawson (:shifty:)....IAceI (:shifty:)...I will be starting my top 100 list again once I've been able to have a good couple of listens through "Reporter" by Goldenhorse. When I first compiled the list there was so much shit I'd forgot or not heard, it's just all wrong. So basically. I'm starting again. And it WILL finish. :shifty: I'm feeling good after finishing the women list.

Argh, such horrible memories of downloading albums at 128 track by track on Morpheus and the like back in the day. 320 > *

Bah. I'm perfectly happy with 196 to be honest. Personally, I have so much shit, I find if I had everything at 320 I wouldn't have room for it. :shifty:

For those of you who care...Clawson (:shifty:)....IAceI (:shifty:)...I will be starting my top 100 list again once I've been able to have a good couple of listens through "Reporter" by Goldenhorse. When I first compiled the list there was so much shit I'd forgot or not heard, it's just all wrong. So basically. I'm starting again. And it WILL finish. :shifty: I'm feeling good after finishing the women list.

Still looking for Styrofoam, it's really pissing me off. Just found out Zero to Sixty have put out an EP as well. Only 100 copies pressed. But I expect it to be uploaded fairly soon, given the personnel in the band, Glenn Porter (88 Fingers Louie/founder of Alkaline Trio) and Dan Precision (88 Fingers Louie/founder of Rise Against/Break The Silence).

"The coat is a metaphor and if people don't understand what a metaphor is, then they might go and throw red paint all over my mom, which would be really sad for her. It's the need to show your wealth. Use a bunch of little dead things to make you more than what you are. I don't wear fur."

Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley

It's quite sad that I was/am HUGE fans of both bands, knew that Alkaline Trio's original drummer was called Glenn Porter. They're both from the Chicago area, but for whatever reason I'd never actually twigged on that 88 Fingers Louie vocalist, Glenn Porter, was the same as Alk3 drummer, Glenn Porter. I feel silly. :(