YI And His Special Music Corner

YI

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone point me in the direction of some new music. I'm basically into anything. But I dig bands like Cobra Starship, Panic at The Disco and would like to discover some new decent bands in that style. But I'm really open to anything. So EWB help me out, please?

Guest pattttsc
Can someone point me in the direction of some new music. I'm basically into anything. But I dig bands like Cobra Starship, Panic at The Disco and would like to discover some new decent bands in that style. But I'm really open to anything. So EWB help me out, please?

What about The Academy Is..., The Starting Line, Mayday Parade, Hit the Lights, or Fight Fair? May as well suggest some pop-mosh like A Day to Remember while I'm at it.

Guest pattttsc

Same here... I'm on the same boat with Motion City Soundtrack. Their first album, "I Am The Movie", was a solid album in my eyes. Every song was really catchy, albeit not having the greatest lyrical characteristics. Ever since, they've sucked.

Four Year Strong

Paige

Me Vs Hero

Eleventyseven

The Wonder Years

Linda's Nephew

Totally Michael

The Years Gone By

All Or Nothing

Driving East

Artist vs. Poet (although I think they're proper shite, their new EP is getting a lot of love)

Rediscover

The Hush Sound (sound(ed) near identical to Panic! At The Disco!)

"Discovering The Waterfront" is an album and a half. The first one was good too. The 3rd one I found bland, just a rehash of Waterfront without the quality of songs.

Edited by YI

http://www.myspace.com/deathbystereo

Have snippets of new songs up. Following on from the style in "Death For Life". Not that big on them though. I loved the live version of "Sing For You", but with the church bells and stuff it sounds horrifically gay. "Bread For The Dead" sounds identical to "Sing For You" in the chorus, which unless done on purpose, is shit. "The Last Song" is pretty good in a slow-ballad, "Forever & A Day" way. "Opening Destruction" is the only song that I think sounds particularly good. I do like that it sounds as though it will be chock-ful of "Oh's" and "Whoa's" though. "Into The Valley Of Death" was the pinnacle of their sound, when they were incorporating thrash elements into their songs.

Efrem's unique, sounding like he has mild-downs syndrome, voice isn't shining through as much as it used to. :(

"Discovering The Waterfront" is an album and a half. The first one was good too. The 3rd one I found bland, just a rehash of Waterfront without the quality of songs.

It's like I think on the same wavelength as YI when it comes to silverstein or something. >_>

Oh and Automatic Loveletter (as YI pointed out) need more props in this thread as they are weak.

Finch have cancelled. :(

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

Their encore on the tour has been "Ender -> Stay With Me -> What It Is To Burn"...that's like one of the greatest endings to a gig ever.

Edited by YI

Fucking hell New Zealand rock music sucks the balls.

Seriously, when the majority of your bands are ripping off Seether, you know it's time to give up. :(

I only realised last night that Jack's Mannequin's new album came out a couple of weeks ago.

after giving it a listen I'm really feeling it, though not as much as 'Everything In Transit' though. I dunno it may grow on me.

I also just realised that Go Audio played Birmingham last week, and i missed it :(. And the whole thing is sold out :(.

Edit: But they are playing the Academy 2 in April. Chris is happy again.

Edited by regia

Meh, I'm not big on "The Glass Passenger". "Crashing" (AMAZING), "Spinning", "Caves", "Miss California" and "What Gets You Off" are great. "Hammers & Strings", "Bloodshot" and "The Resolution" aren't bad either. But as a whole, even the great songs don't feel to the standard of the lot of the EIT stuff.

Plus, he fiddled with the tracklist from the original leaked version, making it even worse, as now the 'good songs' tend to be clumped together, meaning there's big periods of absolute shite.

As if the Get Up Kids reunion couldn't get any better, listening to live videos, Dewees still seems to be channelling the spirit of Reggie & The Full Effect...SYNTHS!!!!

Edited by YI