YI And His Special Music Corner

YI

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back myself.

Loved.Every.Minute.Of.It.

Got to meet Brian after the show quickly but i had to go catch my train, i did get a good handshake with him and the guitarist though.

The support acts were quite good actually.

Former Cell Mates were good while unspectacular, The King Blues were a riot, a ukelele in a reggae-ish funk band brings joy to me anyday and the crowd got going.

But TGA were just :wub:

I wanted them to keep going and just replay the songs :(

I concur, TGA were superb. Didn't get to hang around after the gig thanks to a buddy who wished to leave - grrr - but was amazing. The King Blues as well were excellent, I missed Former Cell Mates. I was kicking about near the back - and near the bar :) - by the sound engineer guy (he looked so confused by all the buttons and switches I wanted to give him a hug and reassure him).

Putting the Gaslight Anthem to the side for now - Frightened Rabbit is the best band to come out of Scotland since Belle & Sebastian. Yes, that's right. Even better than David Sneddon.

My hole, I'll get my hole, I'll get my hole

Get my hole, get my hole and I'll find out more.

But, you won't find love in a, won't find love in a hole.

It takes more than fucking someone to keep yourself warm.

hehe. I am immature.

Get Up Kids are announced for Groezrock next year...and so my annual "I WANT TO GO TO THIS PUNK-ROCK FESTIVAL IN BELGIUM!!" angst fest begins.

Line-up announced so far;

THE GET UP KIDS

NOFX

BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE

H20

Aquabats

Comeback Kid

Poison The Well

Walls Of Jericho

Bane

Architects

Misery Signals

Outbreak

That's probably my favourite SunnO))) album. Absolutely adore it. As far as them being scary goes, though, even having heard most of their discography save for obscure import and tour-only material, seeing them live damaged me. Thoroughly.