Heath Ledger is Dead

GoGo Yubari

Sad news. I was pretty shocked when I heard it.

Not a big fan, but I loved 10 Things I Hate About You, until TBS decided to play it a million times over the last few years. A Knight's Tale was awesome too, but again, TBS has played more than any other movie accept for Rush Hour.

I know it's fucked it up, but I actually can't wait to see him as Joker now, while before I really didn't care about the movie.

EDIT: Also, in regards to the quote when Ledger said his body was exhausted, but he couldn't stop thinking, causing him not to sleep. That's the worst feeling in the world. Random nights laying in bed, physically exhausted, but unable to stop thinking about shit in your life, awake for hours upon hours, you go crazy. And that's nothing compared to the sleep withdrawal Heath reportedly had.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been a fan of the Batman franchise but all the viral marketing had me really looking forward to Batman: TDK. Ledger's look and take on The Joker character really intrigued me.

My thoughts go out to his family, especially his daughter. My Dad died recently but I got to know him very well in the 20 years he was with me. His daughter will only have second hand stories to go on which is a tragedy.

RIP Heath Ledger.

If the WBC does show up in Australia looking to picket Heaths funeral, what happened in Sydney a few years back is gonna look like a fucking picnic. I don't condone violence, but sometimes its damn well necessary.

If I knew where the funeral was, I'd be looking at Ticket prices right now.

There's only two videos I can find on YouTube of violence towards the WBC... I mean surely MORE people have flipped out at them, sheesh.

Although I did find a video where some guy SERVES~! hem by pointing out that one of the main bitches (I can't remember their names, jesus) sons was born outta wedlock.

Can't really say that I know a lot about him but I sure it will be a huge loss to what a great actor he has become, also it will be strange when watching him in the new Batman film.

Since his death was announced I found myself looking at the small collection of Heath Ledger films that I have and wanting to watch them, RIP Heath.

Edited by Lex Luther

I'm not usually someone who gives a flying fuck why celebs die, especially ones that I have no attachment too before the news of their death actually occured. That's not to say that do not feel sorry for the family, or that I didn't even like Ledger as an actor (which I did) but I just keep things in my own little perspective, and don't go overboard when celebs die.

However I found myself wondering how his death would effect my viewing of "The Dark Knight". Because until the news of his death hit, I was looking forward to seeing the new Batman movie most, of all the summer movies coming out next year. After hearing about his death, I have found myself wondering how it would effect my viewing of the movie, and wondering how I will react to the akwardness of the moment, realizing that the Joker was his last (signifigant?) acting role.

I don't know how it will effect the film but a mate just said to me well we don't know if it was his last role or not but I'm pretty sure a lot of people who weren't fans of the new Batman film series but where fans of Heath will watch it, who knows it may be a hit or miss film as who know's what kind of strain it put on him.

If the WBC does show up in Australia looking to picket Heaths funeral, what happened in Sydney a few years back is gonna look like a fucking picnic. I don't condone violence, but sometimes its damn well necessary.

If I knew where the funeral was, I'd be looking at Ticket prices right now.

They wouldn't be allowed to do it in the first place. It would be an unorganised rally, and those fuckers would be tear gased to oblivion.

Our 'Freedom of Speech' laws aren't as open as the USA ones. So if someone wants to walk the street complaining about homosexuals, there is no way they would be allowed, and if they did... jail time.

Look's like The Joker will be his last role. He was set to be in the new Terry Gilliam (Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, Twelve Monkeys) film The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus but seeing as his role was never finished being filmed in it's entirity he's been removed from the project. The early rumours are that Johnny Depp is taking over the part that Ledger originally had.

I heard about that, in the States you've got The Insider and ET being "respectful" and not airing it, despite the fact that they pretty much aired most of the video in promos for each show anyway.