Heath Ledger is Dead

GoGo Yubari

Not to be a negative Nancy, but what if the movie is shit? I mean yeah it looks great but if it's crap that would be unfortunate.

And we were so close to making this a somewhat decent thread.

Well, I think the fact that nobody replied to it until now implies that it's maintaining something resembling a level of quality.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the fuck do they know intent or not? Are they just assuming that had it been intentional he'd have taken the pills rather than being surrounded by them?

Stupid media, can't just give facts and wait, gotta turn a death into a month-long news spectacle.

For those who said something about The Joker dieing in TDK

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

He was going to be in the third movie too. In fact he was going to be quite necessary to the third film.

Just saying.

SPOILER FOR THE PLOT OF THE THIRD BATMAN FILM BELOW

I wonder if they'll just make it the mobster it was in the comics or Scarecrow or something who disfigures Harvey Dent instead of Joker. Because I definitely don't want them to recast Joker's role for the third film.

Harvey gets scarred in THIS film, not the next one, it's already shot.

Shit, really? I thought they were still going with the thing where Joker was going to scar him at the start of the third one. What were they planning to do with Joker in the third film, then?

Not to be a negative Nancy, but what if the movie is shit? I mean yeah it looks great but if it's crap that would be unfortunate.

Guest FlipRansom

I'm just saying if the Joker dies in the movie (I doubt it will) its kind of messed up to his family. Then again money is more important to WB.

Don't be such an arse. A man is dead for god's sake.

And how, exactly, was he being inconsiderate? By suggesting (not that I agree) that they shouldn't release the movie out of respect for Heath?

Shit, really? I thought they were still going with the thing where Joker was going to scar him at the start of the third one. What were they planning to do with Joker in the third film, then?

This film, despite what you may believe, is about Harvey Dent, The Joker is just a 'force of nature', tearing everything, you don't learn anything real about him apparently. The series is about escalation so I assume the next film was going to be Two-Face as the main villain but with you discovering more about The Joker, switching round the roles slightly.

Ok im not american so im not really a follower of TMZ.com but are they just Bull shit artists? i mean 90% of things i hear from them are bullshit and just crap. They first misreported alot of the Benoit story and now this, chopping and changing stories, just let the man be dead already stop trying to tarnish his name and stop reporting every little detail without having facts of it

Maybe we should use the thread to talk about the actor that just died, rather than the intricate nuances of an as-yet-unreleased Batman movie's plot, eh?

The thread is about an actor who's going to be remembered very largely for his final role, it's a natural progression and whilst we're waiting on more news it's going to go that way. Maybe you should use your posts to pay respect rather than mini-modding, eh? :P

Well, I think the fact that nobody replied to it until now implies that it's maintaining something resembling a level of quality.

Actually both topics are just fine. With all due respect mini modding isn't needed when you've had four of us in here.

Yeah I heard that they had Dent injured in the opening of the third film, so obviously things changed since the winter of 2005 when Goyer announced this fact. Sorry for the misleading info.

This film, despite what you may believe, is about Harvey Dent, The Joker is just a 'force of nature', tearing everything, you don't learn anything real about him apparently. The series is about escalation so I assume the next film was going to be Two-Face as the main villain but with you discovering more about The Joker, switching round the roles slightly.

I knew that the film was about Harvey Dent's arc, I've read the interviews stating that as well. I just recall the outlines given aaaages ago that implied that Dent actually BECOMES Two-Face at the start of the third. Which in retrospect makes no sense for me to believe, since the trailer that they showed at... I can't remember which convention allegedly had a bit where Dent was scarred. But whatever.

Just saying. There's a nine-page topic on the movie that's on the front page, so save this for discussion of him and his death.

I just don't want to see it turn into a Benoit-lite thread where the actual discussion of his death and the circumstances surrounding it is lost in a flurry of Batman discussion that's a better fit for the Batman thread that already exists and probably contains most of this discussion anyway because it's been around for months. -_-

Indeed it sucks, Daniel. Indeed it sucks.