The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

* Electro Choc (dance)

* Massive B Soundsystem 96.9 (dance hall)

Call me ig'nant, but, aren't these two basically the same genre? And really, does anyone need two 'dance' stations?

I'm really looking forward to LPR, since I believe a lot of the content of this station was recored from a special phone number Rockstar set up for people to call into.

It's really down to whether Stoke wants to ask for one or not, since he's running this place now, but personally I can't see it happening. I mean, the Essa thread has what, a thousand pages? GTAIV won't generate even half of that, but I wouldn't be against it, personally.

The Essa thread has been running for a long time though, we're talking about many topics in a short period of time. If it happened, I could see the subforum running for about a month or two until everyone got settled who bought the game in the first place, and then its elimination and movement back into this singular thread.

In the "Boy do we look smart" division, forecasters predict $400 million in profit from the first week of GTAIV's release. EA offered $2 billion for the entire lock, stock & barrel, and if the forecast fleshes out as stated, ONE GAME is going to make 20% of that in a week.

While this isn't my turf, I wouldn't be opposed to a couple threads, but I don't think we would need a subforum. How about a general spoiler-free GTA Thread (like with questions about how to do something or where something is), a multiplayer thread (so we don't completely derail the Xbox thread), and a spoiler thread (for discussion about the story or other spoiler-y things).

* Electro Choc (dance)

* Massive B Soundsystem 96.9 (dance hall)

Call me ig'nant, but, aren't these two basically the same genre? And really, does anyone need two 'dance' stations?

Dancehall = Jamaican reggae/dub like stuff.

While this isn't my turf, I wouldn't be opposed to a couple threads, but I don't think we would need a subforum. How about a general spoiler-free GTA Thread (like with questions about how to do something or where something is), a multiplayer thread (so we don't completely derail the Xbox thread), and a spoiler thread (for discussion about the story or other spoiler-y things).

That sounds 100 percent effective, works for me.

Yea, either way. I just want to keep as far away from spoilers as possible, i've managed this long without finding out stuff about the game so I don't want someone coming into the thread on day 1 like "OMG how awesome is it when _____ happens?!"

I usually only listen to the talk stations, and since there's three of them.. fuck yes! However, it just depends on what kind of music they have for the game. I'd like to see a list on that.

I really can't wait. :(

There's a wiki page going already for the soundtrack, Shammy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_soundtrack

Complete with commercials!

"Princess Robot Bubblegum and the Horny Radioactive Plant" > *

Oh, and Mad Cobra >>>>>>> Beenie Man.

This game just can't come out soon enough for me. It looks like it is going to be amazing and everything is shaping up to being excellent. Now all I can do is just sit back and wait. Tons of stuff I am going to try when I first get this instead of jumping right into the missions. I will probably cruise around, check out the different stuff and do some sight seeing before actually getting into the game which will probably take me around a week.

Just been looking at the "WORK IN PROGRESS" bones of the soundtrack listings.

I can see already that I'm gonna be bringing back the funky electro beats.... Especially as 909disco is in it (under Boys Noize) along with Jean Michel Jarre (Oxygene whooop) and also Bob Marley, LCD Soundsystem and Miles Davis....They can keep throwing out proper stuff like that and I'm happy...

Again, that was when the entertainment section was for movies, tv, music, books, comics and video games. I think we'll be okay if we keep it to three threads: Spoilers, Non-Spoilers, and Multiplayer.

As far as I know retailers will have so many copies available to pre-order, but they'll also have some set aside for stores to carry on launch day. Woolies have sold out their pre-orders of the PS3 version (possibly 360 by now as well), but we'll still have some on the day available to buy to get people into the store. We need to carry it in the chart and it wouldn't look very good if we opened with people queueing outside and it was marked as sold out already before we'd even opened on the 29th. If you want it on the day, best bet is to phone round retailers the day before and ask if they'll have some in stock and then just head round for when they open if they do.

Edited by Scott McFly