The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

I guess some people will love the fact that you can go to a comedy club in the game and watch a virtual Ricky Gervais perform in a number of two-three minute short sets.

Official Playstation Mag also gave this a ten (only their third after COD4 and Oblivion) so that's 10 from XBox and 10 from PS which is probably shaping up to be a good thing.

Only if I can shoot him and/or teabag him.

Gamespot reported that only one source didn't give GTA IV a perfect score. I wonder what it was (even though it's probably like a 10-10-9.5 just to be edgy).

Also, GTA IV is the debut of the euphoria physics engine. It's supposed to be absolutely spectacular and it's also being used in the Backbreaker independent football game that's supposed to be released later this year, so I'm very eager to check it out.

Slightly off topic but I notice the recommendation thread is no longer pinned and I didn't want to make a new thread just for this question:

Anybody know roughly how much I'll get if I trade in Rainbow Six Vegas (first one) as part of purchasing GTA? I've never really traded any games in before but seeing as how I only paid 18 quid for it in the first place and I've barely played on it I might as well use it as a discount, however little it is.

I don't think I've ever looked forward to the release of a game so much. It's pretty bad timing for me though, Tuesday release, I'm at wrk every day that week then I go away on holiday on the Friday. I'm going to miss all the fun here looking for Bigfoot or whatever crazy conspiracy theory they come up with this time -_-

What is this euphoria physics engine? I'll guess a more realistic in game engine, but I'm not entirely sure.

In shorter words than a link, it's the part of the engine that's going to allow for realistic walking motions and realistic reactions from NPC characters. That is to say that Euphoria specializes (from the use that I've seen of it) in have characters grab things. That means if you push an NPC out the window, he'll grab onto the ledge, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRCWbUYtitY

There's a link that apsham was to lazy to go get :P

But that shows teh engine for the football game that's going to use it. In that video, it shows that it has people reacting as people and when something happens, it will react as if you or me would. Like it says, no tackle in that game will be the same because no tackle in real life is the same.

I would assume so, the way Gamestop used my credit was the rang up everything I owed them and then I used my credit. I've never reserved a game there, but I would think that there computers are smart enough to do that.

Edited by Trey

Slightly off topic but I notice the recommendation thread is no longer pinned and I didn't want to make a new thread just for this question:

Anybody know roughly how much I'll get if I trade in Rainbow Six Vegas (first one) as part of purchasing GTA? I've never really traded any games in before but seeing as how I only paid 18 quid for it in the first place and I've barely played on it I might as well use it as a discount, however little it is.

I don't think I've ever looked forward to the release of a game so much. It's pretty bad timing for me though, Tuesday release, I'm at wrk every day that week then I go away on holiday on the Friday. I'm going to miss all the fun here looking for Bigfoot or whatever crazy conspiracy theory they come up with this time -_-

A lot of people are giving upwards of 25% extra trade in credit towards the reservation of it.