The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

Alright, going for the Liberty City Minute achievement. I'm at about 3:40 in play time, and I think I've done the first 20-25 missions, (last one I did was Roman's Sorrow). I figure I'm making good time, but should I be skipping cut scenes?

Edit: Also, I killed someone who killed a Rockstar developer, and now I have a choice of being a zombies.

Edited by Ruki

Alright, going for the Liberty City Minute achievement. I'm at about 3:40 in play time, and I think I've done the first 20-25 missions, (last one I did was Roman's Sorrow). I figure I'm making good time, but should I be skipping cut scenes?

Edit: Also, I killed someone who killed a Rockstar developer, and now I have a choice of being a zombies.

Oh, you just have to kill someone who killed a Rockstar dev? I thought you had to kill a Rockstar dev for the zombie skin.

Yeah, although I don't see myself using the zombie skin personally.

And I had a scare with my 30 hour play through, was about to do the first mission for Playboy X, and it didn't let me start the mission. Then I went to Francis and tried to do his mission, still wouldn't let me do it. I reload my save, still can't....restart, still can't. I was getting pissed....reloaded my quick save and all was well.

Guest R.Moncrief

They must not think we're ready for the handful of new clothes they're planning on giving us. I have no faith that it'll be anymore than that.

One of the popular rumours is that the DLC will contain new cities, which is pretty er unbelievable.

They must not think we're ready for the handful of new clothes they're planning on giving us. I have no faith that it'll be anymore than that.

Uh, I doubt that. From all my experience with R* games they're not the kind of company to promise you something and then deliver mediocrity. I'm expecting new missions, new clothing and maybe (stretching it) some very small new areas.

Edited by Cloudy 'N Crackers

Yeah, I'm pretty sure sometime in 2006 Peter Moore said there would be "exclusive episodic content" for the 360 and episodic content is usually just about the equivalent of an expansion pack - which usually adds new missions, areas, etc.

Edited by Cloudy 'N Crackers

Guest R.Moncrief

At the same time, there were talks of being able to climb fire escapes and electrical poles in hopes of getting a bird's eye view of the city. These small removed features do not compare to the "promise" that is exclusive episodic content, but just because something was announced doesn't mean it's going to happen. Rockstar Games has always had a history of promising one thing and then it turns into something else. It never really angers or disappoints anyone that this happens but that doesn't change the fact it does happen.

I think it's unrealistic to expect a wide array of new missions or anything too complicated. There's no reason to expect this either. In most cases, the argument to support that the DLC will be something special is that Microsoft paid $50 million or so to have the exclusivity rights. And once again, the price they paid means nothing. It's just Microsoft's ability to waste a shit load of cash in an attempt to get our attention.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic. I'm working under the impression that this won't cost an arm and a leg. However, if it does, then it'll probably be some extraordinary expansion pack.

But GTA has never struck me as a title to have an expansion pack.

Guest R.Moncrief

Based off the fact that Multi Theft Auto was created as a mod for GTA Vice City PC and that did well for itself. I guarantee you that if the MTA mod never garnered the attention it did, Rockstar Games wouldn't have even had a clue that anyone would care about a multiplayer GTA game. Multiplayer GTA IV is a stolen idea - and I've played Vice City MTA since the very first day it was released.

There's a reason DMA was sold and became Rockstar Games. London 1969 and 1961. And the fact no one cared for them.

Could you at least try and come across as less of a smarmy know-it-all prick? You're basically saying that anyone who has ever considered making a multiplayer mod has stolen the idea (presumably from the first ever game to feature multiplayer). 1969 was actually pretty popular too.

Edited by Dragsy