The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

So, right at the end of the story.....

I went for the money. Make the phonecall to Kate, who turns me down for the wedding, which I go to, and *what happens* - happens.

My question: does Kate ever talk to me again?

short answer: no, people who take that ending get ripped off bad

That sucks. At least I made another save, not that it will help in her case.....

I am currently working on the Flying Rats. I got 87 of the bastards last night, then was so tired I turned off the PS3 without saving. :crying:

Had to start again... currently up to 122.

EDIT: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Yeah pigeons!! You ain't so hot now!!!

Edited by TheArsenal

• 2 weeks later...

Better spoiler it actually. I choose the option to do the deal by the way...

So how the FUCK do I actually beat Dmitiri when that stoner rasta wanker Little Jacob comes along in his chopper and tells me to drive underneath, and whenever I get near it, he PULLS UP AND FLYS OVER LAND AND FUCKS OFF.

This is pissing me off to no end. I turn it off after a few tries and have to make that boring as drive tailing the cars all over again when I load back up. It's been 8 months and a second start (after the first one fucked up and had no more missions to go to) and I just wanted to complete it to get my under 30 hours trophy.

Fucking game.

Edited by TheModernWay

The deal one is the one where you're in the boat right?

I heard a lot of people complain about Jacob flying off before they could reach him, but I did it first time. Guess I'm just lucky. It seems pretty random, my only advice would be to floor it as fast as you possibly can, other than that just hope for the best apparently :\

Speaking of the last mission, I 'd live to play it again, if anybody has a save file right before it, could they upload? PS3 of course. I cleard it on 360, but can't face going through the frustrating missions again, mainly Snow Storm.

Attempt #4560: Finally did it. Didn't fly off without me. As it was raining and in the middle of the night it made the end scene better when I did it.

The worst thing was on my first attempt when I was trying to get into the boat, the rocket they shot blew it up as Niko is a twat who takes too long getting in boats. :@

Got my finish the storyline and under 30 hours trophies though. Was kinda rushing nearing the end though.

Just got my 5 friends over 90% trophy too. Shame you can't actually get all of the trophies due to a glitch with the patch they released but then haven't patched the patch.

Edited by TheModernWay

Attempt #4560: Finally did it. Didn't fly off without me. As it was raining and in the middle of the night it made the end scene better when I did it.

The worst thing was on my first attempt when I was trying to get into the boat, the rocket they shot blew it up as Niko is a twat who takes too long getting in boats. :@

Got my finish the storyline and under 30 hours trophies though. Was kinda rushing nearing the end though.

Just got my 5 friends over 90% trophy too. Shame you can't actually get all of the trophies due to a glitch with the patch they released but then haven't patched the patch.

Say what? :mellow:

Why not? Which ones can't you get?

Argh, stuck on Snow Storm. I can get past the gangsters fine, when NOOSE comes I'm fucked. The past two times I've been able to make it out of the building alive, but the first time my vehicle caught fire and I jumped out too late, exploded to death. Second time, I had a sliver of health and jumped into a truck and was truckin' along - didn't even get off the island! I got rammed by a NOOSE hummer and it threw me out of my truck and I was dead.

Grrrr. I don't remember it being this much of a pain first time around.

Not sure if this was posted in here, but there was an article on Xbox360achievements today where an analyst says that he expects Rockstar to release two episodes for GTA IV in the 2010 fiscal year. Apparently these two are seperate from Ballad of Gay Tony. He then goes on to say he expects GTA V to drop in 2011. I'm not sure how much stock I put in GTA V being out in 2011 but who knows. They've done so much with GTA IV, an absolutely amazing game plus a fantastic add on and now apparently three more of them. GTA V would have to be something totally mind blowing and not just a next gen version of GTA III - GTA Vice City.

Say what? :mellow:

Why not? Which ones can't you get?

The online game mode Bomb Da Base quits itself halfway through, so you can't get the trophies for playing/winning all online game modes, and thus you can't get the trophy for getting all trophies.