The Anime Thread

Ruki

Shojo Beat is, for all intents and purposes, a Shonen Jump for girls. Its put out by Viz, who puts out the American version of SJ.

I have every issue of the American version of Jump so far, but will probably be dropping it once Yu-Gi-Oh ends. I am not happy they added Yu-Gi-Oh GX before the original Yu-Gi-Oh was done (and they apparently will be picking up Yu-Go-Oh R next year), took Shaman King out of SJ and have added Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (which is mega-crap). They should have continued with Gin-Tama.

Yeah, American Jump is really nosediving right now. Everything they have right now I either don't care about or am already way ahead of, with the exception of Hikaru no Go and I'm not even entirely sure why I'm following that anyway.

Yeah, American Jump is really nosediving right now. Everything they have right now I either don't care about or am already way ahead of, with the exception of Hikaru no Go and I'm not even entirely sure why I'm following that anyway.
Edited by GhostMachine

Ok, so why can't I take screen shots of videos playing? I'm watching AMV Hell 3 (again), and there are a bunch of anime I'm curious about, and I fail at describing them, so I wanted to take a picture....but no....when I save it in paint and close the file, the picture vanishes. Bah!

Ok, so why can't I take screen shots of videos playing? I'm watching AMV Hell 3 (again), and there are a bunch of anime I'm curious about, and I fail at describing them, so I wanted to take a picture....but no....when I save it in paint and close the file, the picture vanishes. Bah!

What are you watching it on?

Right now, InterVideo WinDVD (because I burnt it to DVD). But it happened with VCL Player, and Real.

Ok, I figured out one of the animes by actually knowing the song in the credits. Anyone know anything about "Magical Play"?

Right now, InterVideo WinDVD (because I burnt it to DVD). But it happened with VCL Player, and Real.

VLC, you mean? Try using the "snapshot" option on the Video menu.

Hmmm....that might work. Also, judging from the AMV hells...."Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar" looks horribly cute.....like....a lethal amount of cute.

Also, would like to know something about "Leave It To Piyoko"

As for taking the snapshots, way too lazy right now....I gotta go in 15.

Edited by Ruki

Anyone aware of any gems/potential gems coming our way for the autumn anime season?

The 'Rebuild of Evangelion: 1.0' movie was premiered in Japan about a week ago but it'll take ages for a decent version to filter through to fansubs (*remembers what trying to see the FMA movie/Advent Children was like*).

The second series of Genshiken is due to start in October, which should be excellent provided it's like the first series and not the one-off OAV (which, in a remarkable achievement for an OAV, was actually of poorer production quality than the TV series). Only another 12 episodes though, which should probably take us up to about volume 7 or 8 of the mangas...

I've heard absolutely nothing about any other franchises that there ought to be new series of at some point (cough, series 3 of School Rumble and a new Full Metal Panic, cough), so drat and double drat on that front.

I haven't really got a good source for upcoming anime news... AnimeNewsNetwork.com is about as good as I've managed to find in English, and that's not very good at all.

So, anyone?

Oh, and in other news, this news story amused me. Hentai companies joining forces to fight online downloads. That's because anyone who actually has the money to buy their DVDs also has better taste, losers.

Awesomely funny.

What, you want more than that? :shifty:

Tenma Tsukamoto is a ditzy 2nd year high school student who has fallen in love with one of her classmates, Karasuma Ooji. Karasuma is (intentionally) the dullest person on the planet, so he sucks.

275px-SR_Tenma.jpg

^ Tenma

However there is another who is in love with Tenma. He is HARIMA KENJI, a school delinquent, and a character I would personally rank up alongside the likes of Sousuke Sagara as one of the most badass male leads in modern anime.

275px-SR_Harima.jpg

^ Harima. LEGEND.

I could go through all the sub characters and all their sub plots (which are hugely entangled by the end of the second series), but that would take me ages. Instead I shall post up a screenshot I happened to have uploaded from a while back and say go find it for it is greatness.

127328301_d6ebc2dca4.jpg

Finally I shall add that if Harima doesn't get together with Eri then heads will roll. ROLL I SAY. :crying:

If you liked Azumanga Daioh, you'll like School Rumble (they've got a similar style, but School Rumble gets to go further than School Rumble because of the fact that both genders have "regulars" on the show.) Either way, Stokerino is right about how awesome that series is.

Also, I found Gokusen to be a decent school themed anime. It's about a female teacher fresh out of school herself who gets put with a class of deliquents, while also struggling to hide her identity as the daughter of a Japanese mobster (and being prepared to take over the family). I think there's only something like thirteen episodes, it used to air semi-regularly on one of the Showtime channels in the US.

Also, I found Gokusen to be a decent school themed anime. It's about a female teacher fresh out of school herself who gets put with a class of deliquents, while also struggling to hide her identity as the daughter of a Japanese mobster (and being prepared to take over the family). I think there's only something like thirteen episodes, it used to air semi-regularly on one of the Showtime channels in the US.

The thing with Vandread it's a ripoff of Martian Successor Nadesico which is in turn a ripoff of Gundam/Evangelion. It's kind of average in retrospect, especially compared to its predecessors. >_>

Ending's much better than Nadesico's though, I'll give it that much. <_>