The Anime Thread

Ruki

Very.

I think I've watched just about all of it thanks to Adult Swim and the fact that there's nothing on American TV at 3 am save for InuYasha repeats while I wait for Gargoyles and The Tick to come on ¬_¬

I tried watching some InuYasha a couple of weeks ago, but I just couldn't stomach it. I cant understand why, it seemed like a perfectly alright anime. Maybe its the fact that theres no characters on it that I enjoy seeing on screen. At all. Yeah, Id say thats it.

or 'cuz it follows the DBZ/Naruto school of plot development.

Start fight, end episode -> Fight, end episode with romantic or otherwise trite plot -> Wrap up romantic or otherwise trite plot, start new fight -> Finish fight,

etc. etc.

Edited by Cloudy Caribbean Cool

Episode 8 of Gurren Lagann stuff contained in spoilers, if you don't wanna know, don't read.

Unfortunately while browsing wikipedia about Gurren Lagann I actually found out Kamina dies. Much like I did Euphie did in Code Geass, hence why I am no longer going to do that sort of thing, because I keep spoiling. Then I didn't realise what the spoilers your and Norro used were referring to, hence why I sort of put a disclaimer on this one to make double sure, so I kind of put two and two together and realised this was the episode where he did die.

Fucking sucks, because now I'm unsure how they're going to replace him. He wasn't my favourite character anyways, I liked him but I didn't think he was anything special, not how say I attached to Lulu, Kallen etc. from Code Geass but because of how important he was, I'm unsure how they're going to replace him - since surely the Gurren Lagann most continue to be it's awesomeness?

Plus I'm interested to see how this affects Yoko with what happened between them two, and how she was acting with Simon since I, along with most people I'd imagine, thought she was 'smitten' with him. Jeez talking about romance in an anime like this sounds queer.

Anyways, from somewhere between Episode 5-8 I can definitely say I am now hooked on Gurren Lagann and thoroughly enjoying it.

Again, if you haven't seen Episode 8 of Gurren Lagann and you read that, then you're a fucking moron because I warned you.

How do I watch episode 14, I open the file but there's no subtitles. Which are part of the .ass file, so, how do I get the subtitles up?

I'm using VLC Media Player - which I use for everything but I can't seem to figure this one out.

Well, with VLC player you can go to 'Open File' from the File menu (not Quick Open File). Select the .avi file and then tick the "use the subtitles file" box, selecting the appropriate .ass file. However I find on VLC player that the subs are really strreeeeeetcchhed and don't fit in the video. With Windows Media Player, on the other hand, it uses the subtitles automatically and they come up a lot smaller.

Edited by stokeriño

Good man. (Y)

Sadly enough I was on the open file bit and failed to see "play subtitles" bit - which makes me feel slightly moronic.

EDIT: I just tried that and it didn't seem to work, the subtitles still didn't seem to be showing up. Also when I try to open up in WMP it says it can't play .mkv, I assume I need to upgrade?

Edited by IAceI

So they appear to be, but there still seems to be a problem with playing them. Something about acquiring a codec it seems so I'll have to attempt to download that I guess.

EDIT: Actually I don't know if it is, it's just saying there is a problem trying to play this file :(

Edited by IAceI

They should be able to play on WMP... OH WAIT FUCK.

Okay, one second.

EDIT: There.

http://www.cccp-project.net/

Download the codecs there, IAceI, you'll be able to watch the episodes using those on WMP. You probably don't have the set.