The Anime Thread

Ruki

I'm onto Episode 4, just about to start it now and am braced for the very worst, but somehow I don't think that will be enough.

Anywho, I'm really getting into this now. I want to get through these as quickly as possible and catch up but I'll be a bit hectic these coming days, but I'm sure I'll catch up soon, anyways, I'll get myself Episode 20 downloaded and ready, should download quite quickly since everyone will have it due to its newness right?

Ah, episode 6. The fan service episode, clearly. Most series have one - it's just that as a GAINAX anime, the goalposts have been moved, shall we say...

But none of that matters because my mark out moment for episode 6 is Asuka and Rei from Evangelion as two of the, um, 'hostess girls'. :shifty:

The others are no doubt from other series too, but clearly Evangelion cameos > *. Just like that episode of Abenobashi where they were in the mecha/sci-fi world, and the Evangelion battle music started up. I'm not sure I've marked as much before or since.

That reminds me. Whatever happened to nudity in anime? Back in the day, in an average series there was a one full-tit-per-episode average when it came to nudity. Now, there's barely any, and when there is, they don't color in the nipples. If this were 1995, that chick from Gurren Laggann woulda had a shower scene by the first commercial break of episode 2.

And on a completely unrelated note. Kamina>Most.

Not that animated nudity is in any way something to encouraged, but these days you can really only get away with that sort of thing with OVAs - which, of course, are straight to DVD and not subject to TV regulations.

The most obvious exception that comes to my mind was Mahoromatic. But wait, that was GAINAX too. :shifty:

Edit: This episode 6 has far too much in the way of flashbacks. :@

Edited by stokeriño

TV regulations? As far as I was aware, nudity, at least in anime, was allowed on Japanese TV. I'm positive I've seen nudity on broadcast anime shows. Has there been a change? Have puritantical crusaders been active in Japan?

And while you're right, a bare teat every now and again is (generally)nothing to get excited over, the reason I bring it up is because I view the change as a moral step backwards.

Ugh. Don't bother with episode 4. Look, I can save you from the pain of watching it and the time spent downloading it. The following is a summary of all the useful information that the episode contains:

GurrenLagannEp4.jpg

Blonde girl = oldest sister, Kiyoh

Brunette girl = middle sister, Kinon

Purple-haired girl = youngest sister, Kiyal

Bloke = little brother, Kittan

These four are Beastmen Hunters.

That is literally ALL you need to know.

Edited by stokeriño

I'm on it, stok.

Did you cry manly tears of sadness at the ending of Episode 8?

It worked for everyone else. Your client probably sucks. Get Azureus, or at least the normal BitTorrent if you're using something else.

If you're using one of those two... it's probably your connection, not your client :P

I'm on it, stok.

Did you cry manly tears of sadness at the ending of Episode 8?

Yes. :crying:

Seriously, how 'End of Evangelion' was that death? The great-big-spear-through-the-mecha-and-also-your-body bit anyway.

Although really it was clearly inevitable from the moment the kiss happened, the fact that the words "whatever would you do without me?" immediately preceeded it was just harsh. <_>