The Anime Thread

Ruki

Yeah, but you're missing the key point about how all AMVs suck regardless.

Oi, that's not fair at all. It's more like 90%, clearly.

Also, it's useful for screencaps/icons and that sort of thing. I've never had to utilize it myself, but I can understand the appeal for some people.

Well if it's any consolation, they don't do it any more :P

Well see what BSS always did was say "fuck compression" and they'd get the RAW, add subtitles, and upload. Now, with Anon, the grammar and spelling is much better, the file is up and ready for download just as fast as it used to be (which was REALLY fast, all things considered), and the look of the whole thing is high quality.

I MUCH prefer BSS+Anon then any of the other ones, actually.

Alright guys, here's the deal:

Gonna have to stick to just the torrent. Now, my laptop can't stay online all night long, so unfortunately this means the download will halt for some of you. Make sure not to delete it, as I'll obviously be signing back on with my laptop tomorrow. Every time I get my laptop online, you guys should be able to download off of it.

I'm saying this because I'm not 100% on how mininova handles their torrents, and if it's being hosted on their site as well as my laptop or not. Soooo.... yeah.

Right well, since you're American Norro, I'll just leave my PC on all night and hopefully come tomorrow morning when I get up we've made some decent progress.

You're a saint Norro (Y).

Hopefully 24 & 25 of Code Geass will have finished as well, since I've watched 14 episodes so far this evening >_<

Just be sure to post reactions to episodes. Like I said, once you get past episode 7, everything kicks into overdrive.

So I'm expecting some amusing reactions from all of you, actually.

Well I'm off for the night. Hopefully, the download stays up on their server. If it's being ran purely off my laptop, then so you guys know, I *SHOULD* have my laptop online tomorrow at 9:45AM EST. That is, if I can connect it without interfering with my work computer's server connection.

If I can't, I won't have my laptop online until 6:00PM EST or so.

Either way, every time I sign on, the torrent will continue downloading for you guys. So you'll have it all eventually.

Anyone know how far into the series the english torrents are for Naruto? (Yes, I do like Naruto........please don't stab me)

Around episode 23 of the Naruto Shippuuden series, being the successor to the original Naruto series which had, what, 220-odd episodes? And yes, all of those were subbed too.

Man, I got bored with Shippuden quick. I think it was around the point where I realized that they were fucking up Gai vs. Kisame, which was a great fight in the manga. Plus they dragged Gaara vs. Deidara out too long (not to the extent of, say, Orochimaru vs. Sarutobi or Naruto vs. Sasuke, but still).

At this point I'm just waiting for the Hidan and Kakuzu arc to be animated and once that's done, I'm more or less done with it since that's about the point that the manga becomes really terrible itself.

One question I have about Naruto:

I've been reading the manga in Shonen Jump (the third Hokage just died after fighting Orochimaru, if that helps show you where its at), and was wondering: Does Gaara stay a bad guy?

Edited by GhostMachine

Might be getting my laptop hooked in. There is still hope for you guys to start things back up early should I be able to, if the download stopped.

UPDATE: Torrents are a go-go! We are back up and running, folks!

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Currently got 23.7% of Gurren Lagann downloaded. Which is very good for me, keep this going Norro you hero xD

Also I think I'm up to 19-20 on Code Geass, not much more to go now. It's fucking fabulous, last episode I watched was Island of God.

I don't think words describe my love for CC and Kallen/Karen. Nor my man love for the man that was Mao. Awesome stuff :D

The existance of a second series scheduled for the Autumn may have also been a clue. Especially since I believe I mentioned that earlier. >_>

Edited by stokeriño