The Anime Thread

Ruki

I noticed they didn't have 24 or anything out yet, and they're up to 25 aren't they, going onto 26?

However with my amazingly awesome Internet connection that downloads at the speed of moss, I doubt I'll ever catch up <_<

There are only 25 episodes this series, although 24 and 25 were together as a double-length episode, so there's a possibility they may just call it '24'.

Edited by stokeriño

Fair enough, gives me time to catch up on this series at least. This is the first series right? If so awesome, I can catch up, get them watched and then be ready for the second series when it comes.

I'm trying not to watch them, since I don't want to get immensely into it and then realised I have to wait God knows how long for the next one to download. Considering my download speed spends about 10% of the time above 20kbs, 40% between 10-20kbs and 50% not working, I'm sticking to it.

I hate my internet. I wish we had cable access round here so I could get an awesome connection <_<

GG Fansubs > *

Although really all I can remember them having subbed, offhand, are Code Geass and Pani Poni Dash, they're still top-notch.

God, I need to watch more of the latter. I only got to like episode five and then I got distracted by other shows.

Well, due to my amazing internet my downloads keep stalling between 2% and 25% or so, pissing me off now <_<

My internet doesn't seem to be effected but downloads stop and MSN signs me off

Edited by IAceI

Anyone use Veoh? You can find a lot of quality anime on there. And with the Veoh Player, you can download the videos directly off the site without having to change their file format, unlike some Firefox plug-ins.

I picked up volume #2 of the Welcome To The NHK manga today, but haven't had time to read it yet.

My next anime purchase may be Black Cat.

Anyone use Veoh? You can find a lot of quality anime on there. And with the Veoh Player, you can download the videos directly off the site without having to change their file format, unlike some Firefox plug-ins.

I picked up volume #2 of the Welcome To The NHK manga today, but haven't had time to read it yet.

My next anime purchase may be Black Cat.

It's uhhh, well it started off good.

Black Cat is awesome for the most part, but trails off a bit after the big battle with Creed. It goes into some weird shit with Eve turning massive and, uh, yeah. Madness.

Creed is awesome though. And Sven. Sven is what sold me on the anime by his hilarity from the first episode. >_>

Can anyone make any comments on Nerima Daikon Brothers? It involves Shinichi Watanabe, and Excel Saga was my favorite anime series, so I'm interested in this show. Anyone seen it?

I don't seem to enjoy watching Excel Saga so much anymore. I don't know, maybe my tastes have changed.

I found that Excel Saga had very little replay value. I also found the same thing with Azumanga Daioh. They are both awesome to watch the first time around... but meh watching them again.

So I downloaded that Veoh thug mentioned, seems quite good. Currently looking at getting the Devil May Cry series, not sure why since I've never really been much of a fan. However I'm watching a bit of the 7th episode and seem to enjoy it.

To my horror I came across a Gunslinger Girl video in English. Oh man does it fucking suck. I think I'll stick to Japanese with English subs all the time now. Ugh, it was horrible, considering I'm a massive Gunslinger Girl mark. I recommend everyone gets it, only 13 episodes.

I still think Gunslinger Girl is average at best. The fact that I've never liked the "little girls with guns" genre obviously doesn't help.

As for the Devil May Cry series...yeah, I declined to watch that on principle.