The Anime Thread

Ruki

LET THERE BE REACTION POSTS IN SPOILER TAGS.

I seriously can't wait to see how fucked over in the head you lot get once you hit Episode 8.

I... actually already am vaguely spoiled for that thanks to IC secrets and multifandom RPing where shit gets spoiled for me a lot before I even watch the series (lol Code Geass 22/23). SO YOU WILL GET NO MINDSCREW HERE, NORRO SCOTT.

Also, it might take me a while because I'm also trying to finish up this One Piece arc that I was watching beforehand and also the fourth season of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Robster, you knew you were going to come back to my torrent eventually. It's just too sexy.

I... actually already am vaguely spoiled for that thanks to IC secrets and multifandom RPing where shit gets spoiled for me a lot before I even watch the series (lol Code Geass 22/23). SO YOU WILL GET NO MINDSCREW HERE, NORRO SCOTT.

LIES! I'll get SOME kind of a mindscrew reaction out of you from ONE of the damn episodes, I'm sure of it.

Episode 20 can't come fast enough, I hope the damn thing hits mininova soon :(

EDIT: OH HELL YES BITCHES, GURREN LAGANN 20 IS MINE NOW. DOWNLOADING THE TORRENT.

I only just saw it, shit yes!

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Whose idea was it to make it so on the songs, you can't read either the Japanese or the English?

Seriously, gayness. Plus I don't like the giantness of the subs, I loved the Shinsen Subs for Code Geass, they were perfect. These are just too... woah.

Second episode was good (Y) had to force myself to watch it again after the first kinda, but I can see it's taking shape now and I'm getting used to the oddness of it all. Still, Yoko could do with some clothes, it can't always been that hot <_<

They're all in English, yes. Same with BSS

Also: Nyoro~n's subs are the ONLY subs that get that huge, guys, so you only have to endure them up until I believe Episode 11. The rest are Anon/BSS, which style theirs much differently from Nyoro.

Plus, when special moves are done, Nyoro had this habit of suddenly changing the damn font. I liked his subs, because they were the fastest at the time, but they stopped and I found the wonders of Anon and BSS only after the fact.

I believe most, if not all, of the episodes of Gurren Lagann are on Veoh.

*edit* Looks like its gonna take me about 25 to 30 minutes to download episode 1. And that's with cable.

Edited by GhostMachine

Oh fucking ngh didnt. I was about 70% done with the torrent, and some of the last episodes were done, but all the first ones weren't, so I go into properties and uncheck all of them but the first one, and it goes and deletes all the files except the first one, which it finishes downloading. Now the others have to be started from scratch, bastard fuck arse. Veoh all the way now.

Anywho, saw the first episode, was caught thoroughly off guard, I did enjoy it quite highly though. Has very formulaic character development though it seems.

The cool thing about Veoh is, you can just watch the episodes on there if you don't want to download them. They have the first 9 episodes subbed by Nyoro-n, and I downloaded the first episode that. The subtitling was great. No idea what the other subs are.

LIES! I'll get SOME kind of a mindscrew reaction out of you from ONE of the damn episodes, I'm sure of it.

...does it count if the mindscrew comes from watching episode 4? Because that episode...were they making a parody of a really, really poor quality animation series or was it unintentional for how bad it was?

If you check back earlier in the thread, you'll see my warning about Episode 4.

Basically, a guest animator filled in for the normal one. What resulted was a riot from Japan's 2channel website over the episode, as it pissed everyone off at how poor quality it was. One of the co-founders of Gainax insulted the fans in private, it was then made public, and he promptly quit the company over the incident.

I don't think they'll ever even CONSIDER getting a guest animator to come in again. The whole thing was terrible. Thankfully, majority of Episode 4 is skip-able, it's just that they're introducing new major characters into the show through it.

Also: Episode 20? Holy fuck, that was incredible. Seriously, each episode has been better then the last one recently, it's been awesome.

Edited by The Mask of Norro