The Anime Thread

Ruki

Brotherhood follows the manga, while FMA stops after encountering Greed. They are both similar up until a certain point.

But overall? Brotherhood is the superior series.

To elaborate, the 2003 FMA actually managed to overtake the manga; as a result, they had to produce original content (with the creator's blessing) to continue the story.

Brotherhood is basically the entire series (as evidenced by the 64 episodes), even if you were to watch both of them, it would almost seem like they're the same thing.

I'd go with brotherhood because the story's better. A lot more makes sense, etc.

You should also add Claymore to the list of shows to watch. It's another fantasy type-shonen, but a fantastic show.

• Like 1

Thanks! I will start with Brotherhood! If I can find them subbed. Hate watching Anime in english apart from Dragonball Z!

And I added Claymore Mick!

Nonononononono.

You have to watch the dub.

Generally, I agree with you, the dubs are usually shit. But FMA (and Cowboy Bebop + Samurai Champloo) is AMAZING dubbed. I refuse to watch it any other way.

I think pretty much all of us have. It's good. It goes a little off the rails near the end of the first season, and likewise there's some pretty "WTF?" moments in the second season, but it's still good.

• Like 1

What would the stance on trying to sell a couple of anime blu-rays/dvds around here? I'm trying to get rid of some DVDs (either because it was a blind buy and didn't particularly care for them, or because I ended up upgrading to blu-ray) and some blu-rays (again, blind buy or, in one case, there will be a "ultimate edition" release that compiles 3 series and I wish to purchase that - I have the series divided in DVDs and blu-rays).

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is Lars approved!

You don't say.

Huh, I thought the Fullmetal Alchemist was the guy in the suit, not that little shrimp you have in your avatar.

So in the new Dragonball series Goku will have a job. He'll be a farmer. He really just keeps inching closer to being Japanese Superman.

Just finished watching Assassination Classroom

Kinda wish the series would have ended there...what's wrong with a series just having one season? But, won't be too heart broken because...

Overall? A pretty solid series. Good story, comical, and not too much fan service. I would give this a 7.5 or 8/10.

Thinking Death Parade will be next to watch, after the second season of Silicon Valley.