Actors you just don't get...

Ruki

Colin Farrell - Just rubbish, can't think of one movie he's been in that I even liked remotely, wished he would have been shot in Phonebooth.

Danny Dyer - Plays the same character, which is basically himself, in every part.

Vin Diesel - As wooden as Arnie, but without the one liners.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirsten Dunst is the biggest one for me. She always looks like she's stoned shitless or drunk. Plus I never find her performance convincing and I find her bland looking, so all up zero star quality or anything to qualify her for all the roles she gets.

Other actors shit me but I can generally see why they get work.

Katherine Heigel... I just don't see it. I do not find her overly good looking

MANDY FUCKING MOORE! Seriosuly, she's not hot at all

The one that springs to mind for me is Tommy Lee Jones. He just seems extremely bland to me, though he was alright in MIB.

Edited by brenchill

Not to mention my least favorite of all... MANDY FUCKING MOORE! Seriosuly, she can't act, she's not hot at all and I just fnd her all aroudn annoying! She makes my skin crawl in a bad way.

GTFO :angry::angry:

How is she a bad actress? She does a lot of girl next door cutesy roles and she does them perfectly, and as for 'not being hot at all', I believe 90% of the board would disagree judging by the "Hottest Women" thread :shifty:

In conclusion, you use excessive hyperbole :P

Katherine Heigel... I just don't see it. I do not find her overly good looking and I do not like her acting at all... Knocked up was bad and she wasn't even funny in it.

Not to mention my least favorite of all... MANDY FUCKING MOORE! Seriosuly, she can't act, she's not hot at all and I just fnd her all aroudn annoying! She makes my skin crawl in a bad way.

I don't get Steve Carroll. Just don't see the appeal.

I also don't get John Travolta, Christian Slater, Colin Farrell, Mark Wahlberg, Jack Black (made me turn off High Fidelity despite my Cusack love-in), the whole bunch of High School Musical ( to be fair I'm not their target audience though), Kevin Smith (both sides of the camera), all his favourite folk, .

Johnny Depp is decent enough sure, but he's not THE.GREATEST.THING.IN.THE.WORLD.EVAH, even if he is technically very proficient.

For me his continuous work with Tim Burton (the Director I don't GET) hurts him for me, along with the emo/goth Jack Skellington fangirls who fluctuate between their love for Johnny Depp and Noel Fielding...But I'm just jealous of their sexy manliness and the lady love...probably...

Jason Statham on the other hand is probbaly the best at doing what he does - straight forward balls-out tongue-in-cheek wideboy-turned toughman unapologetic action...With a stupid attempt at a US accent to get him more parts. Grr.

Johnny Depp is probably the biggest on my list. I love him in Fear & Loathing, PotC and Blow, but I generally think most of the fangirls don't like him for the roles he plays, but because he's a "hot guy that wears eyeliner and might be bi". That's just me, though.

John Cusak is the definition of a wooden actor, as is Nicholas Cage.

I can't think of anymore right now.

Johnny Depp is probably the biggest on my list. I love him in Fear & Loathing, PotC and Blow, but I generally think most of the fangirls don't like him for the roles he plays, but because he's a "hot guy that wears eyeliner and might be bi". That's just me, though.

Steven Fucking Segal!! This guy I hate with a passion (granted he'd kick my arse anyday of the week), he can't act for shit. He's one morbid bastard too, probably the only actor who doesn't change his facial expression throughout a whole movie!

:thumbsdown:

It's starting to be Jonah Hill for me. It's not that he isn't funny, but that he's the same damn guy in everything. From Accepted to Grandma's Boy to Superbad to Knocked Up, and honestly, I don't think his presence in all four of those movies makes the movie better or worse in the process.

Also, Uma Thurman is an actress that I thought was campy a lot more than was awesome. Despite her being in one of my favorite three movies of all time (Pulp Fiction), she also turned in that horrid performance in Batman and Robin and while I don't deny her importance in Kill Bill, she's just bland and reasonably attractive to me.

Tom Cruise, Collin Farrell, Jimmy Fallon, Queen LaTifa, Uma Thurman ...

Jim Carey is someone on the comedic front that I can't stand. I never found him funny. Not in Dumb and Dumber. Not in the Mask. Anything.

But for me, the name that comes to mind first is Clint Eastwood. Everyone drools over the man, yet every time I see him on my scren, I find myself disliking his character. Maybe it's that I imagine him as Dirty Harry saying "Go Ahead... Make My Day", and that was my first image of him. So from that point on, I expected him to be that bad ass, and just could never get back to that point. I dunno. I just know that I don't like him in anything he does.

But for me, the name that comes to mind first is Clint Eastwood. Everyone drools over the man, yet every time I see him on my scren, I find myself disliking his character. Maybe it's that I imagine him as Dirty Harry saying "Go Ahead... Make My Day", and that was my first image of him. So from that point on, I expected him to be that bad ass, and just could never get back to that point. I dunno. I just know that I don't like him in anything he does.
Edited by GhostMachine