TNA iMPACT! video game

Jayzon

I didn't find a topic for the upcoming TNA game, so here it is. Midway has developed this game for a good while now, and it seems it's finally coming out this spring/summer, on PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360. Some new screenshots have been released recently, take a look:

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

Screenshot 4

Screenshot 5

Looks pretty impressive. Now only if the gameplay is any good...

I'm not expecting much from this game at all, but I'll still buy it even though wrestling games aren't really my "thing".

To me it just seems like this is being made as a "tester" for a future game in which they'll improve greatly on. The last I heard they're only having really short entrances ...hope that's not the case. But again, in the 2nd game they'll increase the length and call it an improvement.

It's all about money.

Edited by Baddar Davies

Gamespot has some gameplay videos up... they are very unimpressive, but it's still an early build and I don't think (well, I hope) they weren't trying to showcase the gameplay because it's pretty much the same five moves over and over. Oh and the pinning system is a mini game which looks like it will be annoying as all hell because it works like: pin - ONE......................................................... (fifteen seconds later) TWO.............................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

........ THREE!!!!

The sad thing about all those Impact-game screenshots is that the game will most likely NOT look like that in-game anyways.
Edited by Zeel1

Everyone should keep in mind that the in-game demo is from October. The game isn't due out til June-ish. A LOT could have changed between now and then.

That said, I hate the mini-games. At first they might seem fun, but the novelty wears off when you initiate a mini-game every time you want to do something.

Watching the demo though, I see a lot of potential for this to become a very good game. Hopefully with the limited roster of 25, the Create-a-Wrestler will be fairly extensive and allow for at least 25 more CAW's to be made.

It looks like it's not that far off from now anymore. Let's just hope TNA can do them a favor, and lock-in their roster until the game's current roster cut-off. Poor people at Midway, having to deal with such a quick changing roster.

I wish they'd put more than twenty five wrestlers in the game. They could put at least forty or so. One thing I dislike is that the Impact Zone looks way too big.

Also, does anyone know if there will be complete entrances, or will it end up being like the ones in the demo?

I didn't see anything wrong with that gameplay at all. Wasn't the last Midway wrestling game "WrestleMania the Arcade Game?" They've come a very long way and the overall look of the wrestlers rivals Smackdown for sure. The only thing I didn't like was seeing Sting doing Style's Phenomenon, and both Sting and Kurt doing so many X-Division style moves. Hopefully the arsenals become worker specific.

I'm really looking forward to this. I'll be buying it regardless of reviews, because of the roster (Christian! Booker! Angle! Joe! Homicide! Shelley (hopefully)! Sabin!), and because I'm totally sick and bored of the Smackdown series. Plus, from videos, it doesn't look bad at all. Of course, videos can be misleading, but I have hopes for a solid little game.