TNA iMPACT! video game

Jayzon

I like that IGN's coverage has been non-bias thus far.

The game sounds like a solid start for a franchise... but the lack of moves, character specific taunts and career mode involving real workers is a list of things that could deter me from even really giving the game a shot.

I've been excited about this for a long time, and what they have looks good, but looking at the wrestling games available, it's not enough.

Most of the workers have similar movesets to each other, which is ridiculous, and they don't have their own taunts, which sort of makes the experience as each different character far too similar for any real replay value.

More wrestlers will be made available as DLC, which they have already stated. No word on if they will be free though, or how much they will cost.

Referee? Seriously? That's the reason you're not going to buy it?

It's not that the moves are recycled through workers lazily and nobody has character specific anything? It's that there's no referee in the ring?

A referee that'll only get in the way and well disqualify you if you accidently slap him three times even though it's HIM who gets in the fucking way of the move? LOL.

Either that, or he'll be a reversal machine like a few Smackdown games ago.

Bubba does look a bit stoned and pissed lol but wouldn't you be though?

Watched some of the videos on IGN and just a few bits that happen in the story according to the videos on IGN

You'll team up with Eric Young at one bit because Nash thinks you need backup

You have a gauntlet match to get into TNA

If i'd only been watching the IGN videos I'd probably have cancelled my pre-order, the Gamerring videos sold me the game, especially once I saw some incredible X-Division matches featuring Sonjay Dutt and co.

I hope they don't EVER use a weight based system though, heavyweights should be able to deal more damage with high impact moves but if the X-Division guys can't use any grappling moves it just makes it harshly uneven.

That's what killed off the smackdown series just after HCTP, I know it isn't realistic but when you're randomly selected against a super-heavyweight you end up kicking yourself for picking Rey Mysterio.

Or the dreaded Mickie James vs. Khali on legend difficulty challenge. With Mickie as a face. When you cant leave the ring. What a fucking joke. I understand that you can't pick him up, but you can't strike either, at all

087.jpg

I found this picture to be interesting. Note the banner to the right of Lethal.

Could The Great Muta be in the game? I mean, Borash has said theres lots of people in the game that he's done voices for, and at last years (or this years?) Destination X he showed up randomly backstage. They would've been making the game still then, and maybe they were still at the stage of scanning the superstars. Probably a long shot, but feasible IMO.

Edited by TheModernWay

We won't know until the release. He could very well be but it could also be just a random sign that happens to have Muta on it.

Maybe Muta could be a downloadable wrestler?

*searches on google about the Muta Scale*

Oooooo, the EWR refences it kinda makes sense now! :P

I didn't see that it was a .9, I thought it was a G or half of a face, Sting/vector style.

Edited by TheModernWay