TNA iMPACT! video game

Jayzon

It's not as good as SVR, no, but I think it's a nice change and I can see me coming back to play the odd Ultimate X match now and then a few months down the line.

And I think unlocking the jobbers must just be on PS2. I'm about 50% through the story on 360 and I've only unlocked real guys from the main roster such as...

Tomko, Eric Young, Brother Ray, Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal.
Edited by AD

It's a nice touch, harks back to the Attitude days (Attitude was my favourite wrestling game ever), but it is kind of irritating that the unlocked characters still only add up to a roster of 25 or so.

And it's not full retail price on 360. It's £34.99 at Gamestation, compared with £44.99 or even £49.99 for most new releases. Granted, you get a poster and DVD with it, but the PS3 version is £44.99 and has none of those.

Morrisons are doing half price games at the moment, so it's £25. (I think?)

£15 probably. We've had loads of people into Gamestation either price-matching because Morrisons have slashed the prices on chart titles (although I think it was only for last week), or buying from Morrisons and trading in with us and getting more money back than they paid - especially if they go to the fucking shits at CEX who offer stupid ampounts for trade-in, which we then have to beat by a pound. It's mental, you can buy Wii Fit for £69.99, CEX offer £88 trade-in, so we have to do £89. The only saving grace is that that trade-in will definitely be spent at our store, otherwise, we'd be losing a shit-ton of cash.

For all of the bitching going on, try having an Ultimate X with a few of your friends, it's mindless amounts of fun.

That I will be doing tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to that.

My opinion of this game is like a lot of people's; it feels like a demo for a really great game. The first thing that came to mind when I played it was No Mercy and I have no idea why. It isn't anything like it, so therefore I would have to compare it to WCW vs. nWo Revenge and the old AKI WCW games on the N64. I think it has a TONNE of potential to be the best wrestling game since No Mercy because this is a game that you could see getting better and better and easily being better than the SmackDown series.

Yes it should've been so much better than it is, but comparing it to SmackDown, the season/story mode is much better (granted no replay value I assume), the voice acting is better, it's more of a challenge against the computer and to in my opinion is just much more fun to play on your own than the SVR series at the moment.

That's another problem I have with the Smackdown series is that when I play alone I usually play one match and get bored. Maybe I haven't had mpact long enough yet, but I've yet to start up the machine and 5 mins later say 'fuck it' like I do to smackdown.

That's exactly my problem with wrestling games in general. They're never able to hold my attention for long enough. When playing with mates, they're a laugh because you actually have others to interact with, making it fun. I've only ever played this years SD with mates.

...Didn't bother starting the season mode after hearing how shockingly bad it was, on here.

If you're not even going to try it, why bother to comment. Story mode is actually pretty fun in my opinion.

Huh?

As I said in my post, wrestling games never really hold my attention for long enough. Playing against the AI is boring for me, so starting the story mode which was getting bad reviews on here and in other places wasn't really going to help matters, was it?

All well and good, but this is a thread about TNA Impact, not whether or not you like wrestling games.

Says the guy who went on about the "fucking shits at CEX" in his last post in the thread...

All I was doing was replying to IDOL's message about Smackdown not holding his attention. That's one of the reasons I've decided against picking up iMPACT!

As I said before, Play.com are selling the 360 version for £29.99, and the PS3 version is £39.99. I haven't exactly looked around all that much to find it cheap on PS3, but you wouldn't catch me paying more than £30 if it's that much on 360.

Cry some more. You say that like I just randomly started ragging on CEX, I was responding to Marsh. You don't even own the game, so what points you make are going to be virtually irrelevant anyway. Now stop being such a cockend and read the thread, it's been mentioned numerous times that against the AI, the game blows, but it's ace multiplayer.

I'm not trying to argue, honest. All I'm saying is I won't pay £10 more for it just because it's on PS3, which doesn't have anything more than the 360 does, does it? If that point is irrelevant, fair enough.

And if multiplayer is ace as you say, I'll just wait until a mate gets it and play it then. >_>