NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Pretty good if they keep going after the second tier guys. I wouldn't mind Smith but it's unknown whether he can play end in a 3-4 which worries me. The fact that they're no longer pursuing Pace makes me a bit upset, as well but I guess the Dolphins are going to pay him Adalius Thomas-like money and I don't know if he's quite worth that much.

That being said, I think that Dontarrious Thomas has talent and hopefully he can prove he was worth that second round pick of the Vikings...just for a different team.

Oh and Issac Bruce is all but a lock to end up in San Fran next year. Though the thought of them for Javon Walker or something also intrigues me, especially since they're no longer going after Briggs.

Jaguars have been busy today. They've agreed a contract with Jerry Porter and completed a trade for Troy Williamson, giving the Vikes a 6th-round pick. Cleo Lemon has also signed as back-up for Garrard. Some decent moves by them I think, hopefully the two WR signings makes their offense a force to be reckoned with next season, the AFC really needs some teams to seriously challenge the few that have been dominating year after year for some time now.

Derek Anderson will continue to start at QB for the Browns and after his contract is up, Brady Quinn will be picked up by the Lions. If my Madden NFL 08 franchise is anything to go by that is >_>

Matt Millen? Make a sensible move? Oh dawson, you are a card

And just to further illustrate Be's point, the Rogers trade is now done.

Shaun Rogers was traded to Cincinnati for a 3rd and 5th round pick. Bravo Millen, you mustered two draft picks that will probably be cut by the end of pre-season. Honestly, is that the best he could have done for Rogers? Not even a 2nd rounder? They would have been better off keeping him instead of giving Millen more picks to botch.

Edit - And that trade has fallen through. Now I'm reading that we got Leigh Bodden and a 3rd round pick in a trade with Cleveland. I don't know a damn thing about Bodden, but I already like picking up a player over a 5th round pick. I'm a little less annoyed with the trade this time around.

Edited by VerbalPuke

The Jets really get a good deal on him, with Faneca he can play between Mangold and Ferguson and that improves those guys a ton, so it really is an upgrade at three positions on the O-Line. I was hoping the Bears could nab him, but with a price that high I don't think I would've wanted the Bears to have a chance.

The Jets also got Kris Jenkins from Carolina, and he's being said to be an awesome fit for Mangini's defense. The Jets are coming out swinging, it seems.

And Asante Samuel to Philly. I've got a friend who's a diehard Eagles fan on one hand and a venomous Patriot-hater on the other...I need to call him and see how he feels about this one. But Samuel opposite Lito? That's a pretty nice CB duo.

After a busy morning of making deals, the Dolphins signed free-agent QB Josh McCown, who started nine games for the Raiders last year, to a two-year deal, $6.25 million contract Friday afternoon. He could start in Week 1 for Miami.

Miami also signed former Jacksonville free-agent wide receiver Ernest Wilford to a four-year, $13 million contract that included a $6 million signing bonus and another $1 million escalator.

The Miami Dolphins stormed out of the free-agent gate early Friday, adding yet another young player. The Dolphins reached agreement with former Tennessee defensive tackle Randy Starks on a five-year, $21 million contract that includes $7 million worth of guaranteed money. The best part of Starks might be his upside. He is only 24 years old.

The Dolphins also have reached agreement on a trade with the Dallas Cowboys that would reunite DT Jason Ferguson with Parcells and give Miami a new starting defensive tackle tandem for the coming season.

Additionally, the Dolphins signed former Jets tight end Sean Ryan to a one-year deal and were expecting a visit from Arizona linebacker Calvin Pace.

-- Adam Schefter

The Jets also got Kris Jenkins from Carolina, and he's being said to be an awesome fit for Mangini's defense. The Jets are coming out swinging, it seems.

And Asante Samuel to Philly. I've got a friend who's a diehard Eagles fan on one hand and a venomous Patriot-hater on the other...I need to call him and see how he feels about this one. But Samuel opposite Lito? That's a pretty nice CB duo.

I'm a big, big fan of Fitzgerald, have been since his college days. It would be a solid trade and I think it would really help out the Eagles this year. I've always liked McNabb, so I hope they get it done.

Oh, I don't think he's worth that much money, but the Jets were going to have to overpay to get him, they aren't good and have to compete with the Patriots two games a year. But with Faneca in between those two, it's going to improve their play and is like buying an upgrade at three positions. Granted, I wouldn't have paid him that much and I haven't gotten to watch him play often, but I would assume he was the big-name O-Line FA on the market.

Vikings have locked up Bernard Berrian in a 6-year deal, terms undisclosed as of right now.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7860874...r-dealMinnesota

The Vikings have come to terms on a six-year deal with Bernard Berrian, sources have told FOXSports.com. The worth of the deal is not yet known.

Berrian was considered the No. 2 receiver on the open market behind Randy Moss. The Chicago Bears wanted to retain Berrian, who was the team's deep threat. But in the end, the deal Minnesota offered was too good to pass up.

With Berrian now gone, the Bears may look to Devin Hester to stretch the field in the passing game.

So the Bears cut Moose, let Berrian go in free agency and have shown no intentions to sign another receiver? Come on, you have to give your quarterbacks a shot and Devin Hester and Mark Bradley as your starting wideouts isn't going to cut it. Watch them go spend big on Randy Moss now >_>

So the Bears cut Moose, let Berrian go in free agency and have shown no intentions to sign another receiver? Come on, you have to give your quarterbacks a shot and Devin Hester and Mark Bradley as your starting wideouts isn't going to cut it. Watch them go spend big on Randy Moss now >_>
Edited by GhostMachine

Chicago's front office has completely lost it. I could almost understand letting him go to Oakland, it'd be daft what with the release of Moose, but hey this is the McCaskeys we're talking about. But to let him go to a divisional rival, that we struggled against last season, is ridiculous. Especially considering part of the reason Rex was resigned was to entice Berrian, and we're seemingly not interested in any other free agents, why not spend the money on guys we know are going to help the team? And the Moose thing makes this seem even more ridiculous. Hester is not going to be the answer at every position on the depth chart for fuck's sake, and rookies rarely, if ever, make decent number 1 or 2 wideouts in their first year.

The word is that they are trying to get Bryant Johnson to come and talk to them, but going from a #3 to a #1 is a big leap for any player, I don't care who the two guys are in front of you. Lloyd is a popular choice also, but he mailed it in last year for the Redskins after getting his payday, so I don't know how interested I am in seeing him wear a Bears uniform.