NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

So the Steelers signed Byron Leftwich to replace Charlie Batch who broke his collarbone the other day. They also tried out Daunte Culpepper. Not that this will matter though, Big Ben's a machine.

Oh and the Niners sign Takeo Spikes.

Edited by AD

That's the most gutted I've ever been seeing someone else's team lose. What I really hated was the Patriots afterwards "Oh it wouldn't have mattered, we saw him call time out and stopped the play." Bull fucking shit, it was a black and purple shitstorm that stopped you cold.

Do you really expect anyone on the Patriots to say "oh shit, we deserved to lose that game and just got really really lucky"?

Yeah, actually. Brady admitted after the Snow Job game that he fumbled.

And they could at least have just said something about it being the nature of the game or something, no need to make up a load of crap that was blatantly false.

Edited by Dragsy

I don't care. Even if they taped signals, and even if they fumbled, the Patriots still were and maybe still are a great team.

I am hoping for amazing things from Buffalo this season. I know they won't happen because the Bills kinda stink. They used to have a great defence, now its just okay. Offensively, Lynch looks like he could be a good starting RB and Lee Evans is a good WR, but everywhere else is question marks. The QB battle between JP Losman and Trent Edwards is meh - unless a miracle has happened, they are both simply mediocre choices.

So the Steelers signed Byron Leftwich to replace Charlie Batch who broke his collarbone the other day. They also tried out Daunte Culpepper. Not that this will matter though, Big Ben's a machine.

Oh and the Niners sign Takeo Spikes.

Apparently the Steelers wanted to sign both, but Culpepper would only sign if he'd be given an opportunity to compete for the starting job so, haha...yeah.

Yeah, I used to not mind Culpepper but he's clearly become a delusional fool because he also refused a Green Bay offer because he wasn't going to get a chance to start.

And the Spikes signing isn't too bad, I suppose. He brings some veteran leadership to an otherwise young defense and could help Willis mature a bit more. Hopefully he's still got some left in the tank too, because they had to cut Brandon Moore to make room for him.

I think it's fair for Culpepper to ask to compete for the starting job but he's doing it at the wrong teams. He needs to be going to teams where the QB situation is uncertain, not where there's already a clear starter like in Pittsburgh and (since the Favre saga) Green Bay.

I'm a little upset with the Niners releasing Moore, but adding Spikes should help in stopping the run. It was embarrassing when the Raiders ran all over the Niners. The Niners defense is a rare bright spot for the team but Friday's game was horrible. Now if they can find some quality DTs, the D should be very good.

I don't care. Even if they taped signals, and even if they fumbled, the Patriots still were and maybe still are a great team.

The Patriots are just really really lucky at times. Like the Balt game, the tuck rule, getting a slap on the wrist for cheating. And then Belichick is a fucking douchebag. I'm surprised Brady got the chance to admit he fumbled considering the tight ship Belly runs.

But hey, got one of the best quarterbacks in the league. Got the best cheating in the league, even if they get caught once in a while. Got one of the best receivers in the league. Huge desire to win. And guys coming from nowhere to contribute in ways: players switching positions, players coming back from freak injuries, no studs at running back, etc...

Yeah, still can't win a Super Bowl when they easily should've though. What good that great QB and great WR do for you then, huh? :shifty:

I think after the Baltimore game, and the first Giants game especially... you could tell the Patriots weren't quite invisible and someone (Giants) could beat them.

The media seriously overinflated the capability of the Patriots too. They were a great team, but not completely unstoppable.

Yeah, still can't win a Super Bowl when they easily should've though. What good that great QB and great WR do for you then, huh? :shifty:

I think after the Baltimore game, and the first Giants game especially... you could tell the Patriots weren't quite invisible and someone (Giants) could beat them.

The media seriously overinflated the capability of the Patriots too. They were a great team, but not completely unstoppable.

I dunno about you, but I could tell before the season even started that they weren't invisible.

I am the biggest anti-Patriot fan, I am a Dallas fan and I will pull for Washington when they play the Pats.

With that said, they had a run at the top of the NFL where they were nearly unstoppable, with or without the controversy. Whenever someone or a team is on top of a sport there is always going to be controversy because they are going to be under the scope more. The Patriots deserve credit where credit is due - they were (and are) an amazing team with great chemistry. It annoys me when people pick apart the Patriots for being good. Sure, they did some screwy shit, but who hasn't? Panthers went to the Super Bowl with half the team hyped on steroids, for one example.

I hate the Patriots, but let them be. Just because they did so well when they were on time don't cut them down for it.