NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Oh I didn't think you were saying Dallas couldn't win the division. I'm just pointing out that it'll be much harder for the Eagles, as they have to play 3 Playoff teams, where as the Cowboys only have to play 2. The Cowboys proved last year how easily they could run through the divison, thats the point I was trying to make. The Eagles have struggled to do it in the past two years. It took Jeff Garcia to get them in before, Donovan had the opportunities last year and didn't get it done.

And you misread my earlier statement about the Eagles going 5-6. That was WITH Donovan McNabb at QB.

I love how everyone is forgetting the Giants despite them winning the Super Bowl and doing so by beating 3 of the 4 or 5 best teams in the league on the road. Dallas can win all the division titles they want and have 73 Pro Bowlers, I just want a spot in the postseason and a chance to repeat.

I picked Dallas to win the division, but I by no means believe they have it in the bag, or will run away with it. They have a more difficult first place schedule, plus the team has a lot of question marks with their secondary, and we’ve yet to see Marion Barber play a full season as the starter. Couple that with the fact that the Giants may suffer from the Superbowl hangover that has plagued NFC teams for the last half dozen years or so, and Washington not getting a last place schedule, on top of losing Joe Gibbs….

How does Dallas have a lot of question marks in the secondary? We have maybe two. Roy Williams not being at his best and the Pacman Jones situation. Firstly, we did fine with Roy Williams playing like he did last season. And second, it looks like Pacman Jones will be reinstated and even if he isn't, we've still got a strong CB situation, better than last year.

Your Marion Barber point isn't a good one either. Barber may not have been the starter officially but he was our featured back, he got more playing time and played much better than Julius Jones did. It was a two-back system, and that's not going to change with Felix Jones coming in, if anything Barber gets a few more carries, plays a bit more in the first halves of games but that's not much of a change from what he was doing last season.

Isn't the Super Bowl hangover 'curse' just for the Super Bowl losers? Seahawks, Bears, Panthers, Eagles etc. all lost in the Super Bowl, the Giants won. I'm still expecting the Giants to be a strong team this year and get to at least the Divisional Playoffs. And as for Washington, I think Joe Gibbs leaving was a blessing, they haven't exactly been superb since he un-retired and they've had a good off-season.

Basically, Philly winning the division is hard to buy because the division consists of both NFC wild card teams, one of which went on to win the Super Bowl, and the team with NFC's best record last year.

Am I missing something? Doesn't Dallas have to play in that same division too? With the Superbowl champion, and a NFC Wild Card team? If you are going to make the arguement that the division is tough for one team to win, the same arguement has to apply when you are talking about the other teams in the division. My arguement wasn't that Dallas COULDN'T win the division it was that Philly COULD win the division.

Yeah, the division that we ran away with last year with a franchise-best 13-3 record. Sure it's a tough division, but we finished five games better than Philly last year and they haven't really done much in the off-season to improve.

Outside of facing the entire NFC West and the Chiefs, they do have a few difficult games this year. San Diego, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh. Denver may or may not be a challenge, we'll see how that team plays this year. So at the most the Patriots will probably lose like 3 games in the regular season.

I love how everyone is forgetting the Giants despite them winning the Super Bowl and doing so by beating 3 of the 4 or 5 best teams in the league on the road. Dallas can win all the division titles they want and have 73 Pro Bowlers, I just want a spot in the postseason and a chance to repeat.

Totally agree. Giants FTW~!!! All we have to do is bELIeve.

Yeah, the division that we ran away with last year with a franchise-best 13-3 record. Sure it's a tough division, but we finished five games better than Philly last year and they haven't really done much in the off-season to improve.

.. yeah, cause adding the best coverage D-Back in the league isn't an improvement.

And this thread shows exactly why Eagles fans hate Cowboys fans much more than Giants fans. Call me when your team gets out of the first round of the playoffs, it's only been about ten years.

As for predictions for the season, I'm thinking this:

AFC East: New England

AFC North: Pittsburgh

AFC South: Indianapolis

AFC West: San Diego

Wildcards: New York Jets, Jacksonville

NFC East: Philadelphia

NFC North: Minnesota

NFC South: New Orleans

NFC West: Seattle

Wildcards: Dallas, New York Giants

.. yeah, cause adding the best coverage D-Back in the league isn't an improvement.

And this thread shows exactly why Eagles fans hate Cowboys fans much more than Giants fans. Call me when your team gets out of the first round of the playoffs, it's only been about ten years.

As for predictions for the season, I'm thinking this:

AFC East: New England

AFC North: Pittsburgh

AFC South: Indianapolis

AFC West: San Diego

Wildcards: New York Jets, Jacksonville

NFC East: Philadelphia

NFC North: Minnesota

NFC South: New Orleans

NFC West: Seattle

Wildcards: Dallas, New York Giants

Yeah, call us when you win a Super Bowl.

Lets see how well Asante does first. Lets not forget Troy Brown was a perfectly good DB in the Pats defense. No guarentees the Eagles will be able to provide anywhere near the pressure the Pats could, that might play a huge role in how effective Asante proves to be.

Edited by Maxx

I said much of an improvement. Sure, Samuel is an improvement in the secondary but just his addition isn't making the whole team significantly better.

And I like how you bash the Cowboys for not winning a Playoff game in ten years yet the Eagles haven't even made the Playoffs two of the last three seasons. At least we're getting there.

And at least our starting QB has been to a Super Bowl.. even though he choked, he's been there! :P

Your quarterback has had nine attempts to get to a Super Bowl. Ours has had two.

I hate the Eagles because their fans are dicks. I haven't forgotten about the game in Philly where Michael Irvin was injured and the fans kept cheering after it was clear he was hurt.

The Eagles would be the worst team in the division if it wasn't for one thing: the Redskins.

I hate the Eagles because their fans are dicks. I haven't forgotten about the game in Philly where Michael Irvin was injured and the fans kept cheering after it was clear he was hurt.

The Eagles would be the worst team in the division if it wasn't for one thing: the Redskins.

I'm not an Eagles fan either but you can't hate a team because you hate the fans. That doesn't make any sense.

I'm not an Eagles fan either but you can't hate a team because you hate the fans. That doesn't make any sense.

Have you ever met any New York Yankees fans? Fans of a team with a winning tradition CAN make you want to hate their team just because they think it's their birthright to win titles. Just look at fans of the Yankees, Celtics, Lakers, Cowboys, Steelers, Notre Dame football, Duke basketball etc. for examples of teams that have tons of people who hate them and at least some of that is attributed to their fanbases.

Yeah, I don't understand how you can't hate a team based on how stupid/elitist/dickish the fans of the team are. I mean, what other reason besides rivals would you have to hate a team other than just hating them for no reason at all, really? I mean, I'd think it'd be more kosher to hate a team because of fans than just for no reason.

Edited by Livid